.xxviii.

Whatever Aurora was thinking seemed so irrational. She just wanted to get into the shower so she cold wash all her worries away, wash away the fact that there was an unfinished letter resting in the bedside table drawer, wash away the fact that Hermione was going to try and prove that George actually likes her which made her scoff even just thinking about it. It sounded so ridiculous. George doesn't even think of her like that and for all she knows, he probably cares for her the same way he cares about Ginny; like a younger sister. But then what about all those moments that they had had? That wasn't what anyone would call brotherly love that would be too weird and best friends do stuff like that. Harry and Hermione are close, Hermione always throws herself into Harry's arms whenever she sees him but that doesn't mean that they have something going on then why can't they think the same about her and George? How was that any different?

"Oh, great" Aurora groaned as she turned both the taps but no water came out, she sighed in frustration and got out of the bath to wrap a towel around herself and walked towards the door. She poked her head out to check if the coast was clear, the hallway was empty which only indicated that everyone was downstairs for breakfast. She quickly got out of her room and ran to the bathroom that was next to Harry and Ron's bedroom. Ten minutes of a warm shower was all that she needed to ease herself. She had just reached out for her shirt that the door of the bathroom opened abruptly, a gasp emitted Aurora's mouth that earned Ron's attention as he stood rooted to the spot.
"RON! GET OUT!" Aurora yelled, bringing up a towel to cover herself and Ron's cheeks had gone just as red as his hair as he quickly closed the door, muttering frantic apologies.

"CAN'T YOU KNOCK?" Aurora shouted once again, feeling herself heat up with embarrassment.
"It's not my fault you didn't lock it!" Ron replied loudly from the other side of the door.

"I DID YOU DIMBO!"
"-YOU DIDN'T"
"OH, JUST SHUT UP"

Aurora buttoned up her shirt with shaky fingers as she watched the door that was opening once again but she had already pressed her body against it to prevent it from opening.
"It's me, you idiot" Harry said, "I need my shirt"
"Can't you just wait for a bloody second?" Aurora retorted angrily as she quickly moved away from the door after she was done and shoved her way out of the bathroom. She felt so embarrassed to go to the basement knowing that Ron might be there and entered as casually as possible as though nothing was wrong.  Thankfully, Ron wasn't there yet.
"Rosy, what was all that noise about this early in the morning? Someone piss you off?" Sirius asked amusedly as he watched her take her seat, still evidently red with embarrassment and only shook her head in response to him. The moment Aurora got up again to walk towards the cabinets, the door opened and Ron entered. The two looked at each other and turned scarlet earning looks of confusion from everyone else.

Aurora quickly looked away as she moved back to her chair to settle down which so fortunately happened to be right across from Ron, both of them looked everywhere but at each other. Sirius raised an eyebrow at Remus suggestively who only shrugged his shoulders. Next to Aurora, George was looking between his brother and his best friend who were suddenly behaving so oddly. The worst of thoughts had started to cross his mind  and he was starting to get even more confused as to why he was thinking like that. Was he feeling jealous?

"Something happen between you two?" Fred asked from beside Ron, a smirk dawned his features. Ron and Aurora looked up at the same time, eyes wide as both of them vigorously shook their heads.
"No!" they said in unison, going scarlet still in the cheeks which only encouraged Fred to prod even more.
"Aww, Ickle Ronniekins and Rori- Aah, even the names rhyme. Ronnie and Rori sitting in a tree-"
"FRED!" Mrs Weasley shrieked, "Stop teasing your brother!"
"Er - I just realised I have to finish my Potions essay," Aurora said quickly, sparing no second in getting up from the table and leaving the kitchen with her cereal bowl.