20: Butterflies

*2 weeks later*

"Sarah can you sing that line again, please?"

"Ms. can't you just do it? I don't want to do it anymore!"

I rolled my eyes at her whining. All she had to do was to sing a few lines of a song.

"Is there anyone else in the class that takes music lessons? "

The class looked silently up at me, simply blinking at me.

"Is there anyone who can sing at all?"

Silence.

I let out a small sigh. Teaching these kids a song for the stupid school was proving much more difficult than I thought. Seeing as I lacked any musical ability, it was hard to teach something to them.

I silently wished Dan would help me, but we left on bad terms and there was no way I could ask him.

After we argued that night, 2 long weeks ago, I went to sleep on the couch and rose early and gathered my things.

As Dan walked groggily from his bedroom, I silently handed him a cenvelope- I had found one in one of his drawers- and thanked him.

Then I left. I didn't know to say to him, so I wrote him a note, which I had also stuffed some money into, explaining my gratitude and of course apologising for being an absolute bitch.

I went straight to work and then, finally back to my flat.

Linda had clearly made a big effort in welcoming me back, the house looked cleaner than it ever had and, she was cooking. A rare sight in itself.

I'm not going to lie and say everything was back to normal because it wasn't.

Things were still tense between Linda and I. The friendship we had built over years, had disappeared and our close bond had disintegrated. She tip toed around me and I avoiding having to have long conversations with her.

She wasn't lying when she said she was going to A A meetings. She went twice a week week and already I could see an improvement. In even less than a month, she looked healthier than she ever had.

The problem was that it was seemingly going too well. I was afraid she was going to crash and burn.

There was a still a weird feeling looming in my stomach, even after two weeks of leaving Dan's.

I wanted to talk to him, I missed our mindless banter. I had developed a- although short- friendship with him and I kind of missed him.

But, I knew that ship had sailed and I was going to have to move on.

I sighed into my cup of coffee, the hot steam blowing into my face. I had been drinking so much coffee recently, it was the only thing that relaxed me.

A male waiter passing by shot me a smile and a quick wink, causing a slight blush to spread out onto my cheeks.

He passed by again, this time holding a tray. He stopped in front of my table.

"Tough day, huh?"

I raised my eyebrows and let out a small sigh. "Oh yes."

He let out a small laugh, causing his brown eyes to glisten. He was quite tall with dark brown hair and a side swept fringe.

"I bet it didn't beat my day." I cocked my head to the side in question as he sighed loudly. "Dropping a tray full of plates and spilling hot soup all over a costumer. Can you beat that? "

My eyes widened in surprise but I had to bite my tounge in order not to laugh.

The waiter noticed and cracked a smile. "It's okay you can laugh."