24: Christmas

"Carrrmmenn!" I groaned and rolled over onto my face, trying to ignore the excessive knocking and screaming which was coming from outside my door.

Beside me, Dan muttered something incoherent and pulled the pillow over his head.

"Carmmeeen! Daaannn! Wake up!" Tyde and James wouldn't give up and I knew it. The longer we ignored, the louder it would get. "GUYS IT'S CHIRSTMAS!"

Opening my eyes, I glanced at the pink alarm clock beside my bed- which I one thought was extremely cool, along with the pink walls and bedspread- and groaned again once I read the time.

6:05am.

"Go away and come back in 5 hours." I shouted into my pillow, causing the knocking to get louder.

"Get up Carmen. Don't be such an adult, god."

Laughing slightly, Dan lifted his head from under the pillow and poked me in the arm.

"Caaarrrmmeenn." He mimicked the boys, poking my arm repeatedly.

"Fuck off Dan."

"But Carmen it's Christmas!" He whined.

I rolled my eyes and slowly sat up, taking my pillow with me and then promptly hitting him on the head with it.

"Right. Put your glasses on and get your ass up. Let me warn you though. Don't you dare tell me you're tired today."

Dan chucked to himself. "Yes sir!" He said, saluting me.

James and Tyde were still knocking on the door, the banging a low drone in the back on my mind.

"OKAY GOOD GOD! WE'RE GETTING UP!" I shouted, while pulling my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head.

A loud cheer could be heard from outside the door, followed by vigorous thumping as the boys ran down the stairs.

I glared at Dan. "This better be the best fucking Christmas ever.

--

"Okay, so I know we agreed not to get each other anything," I smiled sheepishly as Dan who was sat across from me on the couch. "Buutt, I was just casually internet shopping and I saw this and I had to get it for you."

I handed Dan the neatly wrapped present, which had a bow and all and watched as he gently tore the paper from it, revealing the black fabric which was inside.

The smile on his face grew into a beautiful grin, spreading over his face and showing his laughter lines.

He held the black t-shirt before his face and chuckled quietly, turning the shirt and showing me.

The words "I killed Laura Palmer" stood out in white letters.

"This is bloody brilliant, Car. Thank you." I smiled, happy that he liked it.

"Just casually shopping, were we, eh?" He asked, sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

Okay, I many not have been casually shopping per say. He didn't need to know that.

I nodded my head vigorously. "Yes, definitely casually."

Dan rolled his eyes and placed the t-shirt on his lap.

Then, he placed his hand into his a pocket and pulled out a small, wrapped package.

"Dan Smith, I thought we agreed no presents?" I mocked gasped. Dan picked up his t-shirt and shook it in front of me. "Eh, I could say the same to you!"

Smiling, I carefully unwrapped the flat package, and soon realised it was a c.d.

To Carmen was scribbled on the top of a blank, white c.d which was held in a clear, plastic case.