06: Thank You

Chapter 6

I softly made my way off the couch, pushing Dan's dropping head from my shoulder.  I had absolutely no idea what time it was but I knew it was late judging by the glow of the  orange street lights through the window.

Dan and I had been talking for what felt like hours,  swapping stories, joking around and just chatting. I had never met someone like Dan in all my life.

At one point, I realised my favourite movie was being shown on the t.v. We both fell into a comfortable silence, watching the movie.  We obviously both fell asleep as some time later, I opened my eyes to the glow of the tv and Dan’s head on my shoulder.  

I softly opened the door of the hot press and pulled down a duvet from the top shelf. Then, as quietly as I could, I padded back into the sitting room.

Dan’s head had fallen to the seat of the couch and he had lifted his legs so he was sort of curled up.

It was painfully cute.  His messy hair was everywhere, some of it flattened down so it covered his forehead.

Realising that I was indeed staring at this almost stranger,  I quickly through the blanket over him and shut off the t.v.

I quickly checked on Linda - who was fine- before changing into my pjs and hopping into bed.

▲▲▲▲▲

The buzz beside my ear travelled through my body, causing me to jerk awake.  I looked around, still half asleep, for the source of the sound.  Groaning,  I realised it was my phone alarm.

Flopping back down into my bed, I let out a sigh.  I did not want to go to work.

Letting out another sigh, I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed.

I grimaced as I saw my reflection in the mirror.  I looked liked crap,  real and utter crap.  Bags under my eyes, red blotchy skin and I wasn't going to even start on my hair.

I did not look like teacher material.

Pulling open the doors of my wardrobe, I rummaged around through the clothes, looking for something that would be appropriate to wear to school, literally.

I choose a pair of light blue skinny jeans matched with a purple blouse and black slip ons.

Next, my face.

Grabbing my make up bag from my desk, I went into the bathroom where the light was so much better. I applied a little concealer and foundation to cover up the bags and redness, then just a little mascara and lip stick to bright my self up. Pulling my hair back into a ponytail, my fringe pushed to the side, I decided I looked okay enough to go to work.