10: Food Poisoning, eh?

Okay this is important! Two chapters ago I wrote *three days previous* at the start of the chapter. Please ignore that. I have no idea why I wrote that and it's not relevant to the story. Three days have not past.

Chapter 10

My senses were wide awake. There was no way I going to  fall asleep. Dan’s room was immensely intriguing. It wasn’t freakishly clean but it wasn’t messy either. It was just normal. Framed posters of what were seemingly different movies hung on the wall. A shelf that was filled with yet more movies, clothes and pictures stood against one wall.

My eyes roamed over the pictures, lingering on one of him in a graduation robe and hat, smiling. He looked so happy.

On a desk in his room sat a laptop and a small keyboard, reminding me that I had promised to see his band preform. That was in three days. Even thinking that far into the future had me worried. I didn’t know what to do. I had to speak to Linda again eventually, but I just didn’t know what to say. There was no way in hell I was going back living how we were living. Something had to change.

I couldn’t deny, whilst looking at Dan’s instruments and scattered papers of what looked to be bits of lyrics- I was getting excited to hear him and his band. He seemed the artsy type, I definitely got that vibe from him when I met him. He was so different to me, yet so alike. It was strange.

I decided I should probably stop snooping in his room as it was borderlining on very creepy and just head to bed.

I felt a little weird getting into a bed which I knew he slept in every night. Weird, but also insanely grateful, so I wasn’t going to overthink it.

I tried my very hardest as I snuggled into his plush duvet, not to breath in the scent that lingered, but it was so hard. It smelt strangely homely and calming and there was no denying that I liked it.

I drifted off to sleep, wondering when the hell I had become so weird as to like the smells of someones bed.

▲▲▲▲▲

I let out a small groan and rolled over in the bed stretching out my arms.

I obviously miscalculated the width as next thing I knew I was lying on the floor, groaning in agony.

I lay there for a few moments, staring at the ceiling, wondering where the hell I was.

A knock on the door, shook me out of the little trance I had seemingly fallen into.

"Eh Carmen?" The voice called out, a little hesitantly. "Are you okay? I heard a bang. "

I felt my cheeks burn as I  realised I was indeed lying on Dan’s bedroom floor.