07: You have a problem

Chapter 7

Linda and I weren't talking.  I wouldn't even care if never spoke to her again.

I was done,  I was so done.

I didn't even know what to expect when I got home from work. I had been in such a good mood the entire day from dropping off Dan to teaching the students. Everything had just gone okay.

I didn't want Linda to ruin it.

Putting the key into the door, I slowly pushed it opened and took a deep breath.

The pizza boxes and glasses were still on the table from the night before along with more dishes which Linda clearly used. The blanket I had thrown over Dan still lay on the couch.  Nice to see she had cleaned up.

She wasn't in the sitting room, or the kitchen.  The house was actually pretty silent.  Maybe she had gone out and actually tried to get a job?

Sighing I threw my bag on the couch and picked up the pizza boxes and glasses. I carried them into the kitchen and placed them the counter.

I went to place the glasses into the sink, but nearly dropped them when I saw what was in it.

Two crushed beer cans lay in the sink along with an empty bottle of beer. They were definitely not there that morning.

I slammed the glasses Into the sink,  cracking one of them as it hit off the other. I didn't care.

"Linda?" I called out walking into the sitting room.  No reply.

"LINDA?" I called again, louder.

I walked to the door of her bedroom and pressed my ear against the door.

Hearing nothing,  I slowly opened  the door. Nothing. Empty.

I let out a frustrated sigh. I knew exactly where she was,  I just didn't want to admit it.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

At 2 am I heard the door slam,  a couple of bangs and some muffled cursing.

I knew it was Linda,  but I got out of bed just to make sure.

And there I found her standing in the middle of the kitchen, eating a peice of bread.