A Drop In The Ocean (Ziam)

Third Person's POV

A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain while I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you're my heaven

Zayn's heart was painfully constricting in his chest as he watched Liam literally make heart eyes at his girlfriend.

He'd tried telling Liam how he felt about him, he really had. He just always freaked out and refrained in the last minute.

He just couldn't afford losing him.

Zayn has always admired Liam ever since they met, from afar, secretly.

From the way a childish spark glinted in his eyes whenever he animatedly told Zayn a story that he thought was hilarious, to the way he'd always envelope him in a hug when he was upset. Liam could always read Zayn like an open book, so Zayn always wondered how Liam couldn't detect his colossal feelings for him.

It wasn't just a minimal crush; Zayn was sure he's in love with his best friend.

Zayn wasn't one for clichéd stories, but he ended up living one after all. How apt, he thought, falling in love with his straight and taken best friend, and living a hardcore unrequited love dilemma with him.

Zayn's days, that were supposed to be spent with Liam serenely, were now always interrupted by Liam's girlfriend. He'd either discreetly leave, or on the rare occasion Liam would still be mindful of his friend's presence; he'd be forced to third-wheel.

Simply put, Zayn was tired of this.

I don't wanna waste the weekend
If you don't love me pretend
A few more hours then it's time to go

Zayn just wanted his Liam back, as a friend at least.

________

"Hey, Zayn. Where have you been mate? Haven't seen you in like what, a week?"

"Three." Zayn muttered under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Zayn snapped.

"Woah, calm down mate, what's wrong?" Liam held his hands up in defense.

"Like you care anyways." Zayn didn't mean to say that really, but he's been feeling several shades of hurt, so he couldn't bottle his feelings in anymore.

"What do you mean? Of course I care!"

"Yeah Liam, where were you last week, and the one before, oh and the one before that?! I get it, your girlfriend comes first, but a phone call would've been nice, or you could've at least replied to my calls."

"Zayn, you'll always come first." Liam said softly.

"Oh yeah? Doesn't seem like it." Zayn chucked humorlessly.

"I'm sorry." Liam let out.

"Whatever." Zayn sighed. He knew he'd forgive Liam easily because well, it's Liam. 'I love you' was on the tip of his tongue. It just wouldn't fall out.

And still I can't let you be
Most nights I hardly sleep
Don't take what you don't need from me

Liam was suddenly closer, and Zayn's breath was falling erratically out of his lips.

Liam grasped Zayn's chin in his calloused fingertips gently, then looked into Zayn's glazing golden hues making their position much more intimate, then he ever so softly, pecked Zayn's lips.

Zayn's eyes widened in shock because he definitely didn't see that coming. His heart lurched and his eyes closed at the feel of Liam's lips against his because, fucking finally.

Liam bit on Zayn's bottom lip eliciting a moan from the starry eyed boy and took total control of the kiss he initiated, completely aware of the fact that he's cheating on his girlfriend with his, not to mention, male best friend, but he couldn't be bothered. His mind was chanting ZaynZaynZayn, and his lips were tingling with the taste of ZaynZaynZayn. The feeling was simply ethereal.

When the need to breathe became overwhelming, Zayn reluctantly pulled away.

"What did we just do?" Zayn whispered, mind dazed and his heart soaring happily.

"I don't know." Liam pecked Zayn's lips once more because well, they were mystifyingly addicting.

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore
No, no
Heaven doesn't seem faraway

"Liam I have something to tell you." Zayn fumbled with his fingers, a nervous habit of his. He was finally going to lay the bomb.

"Go on."

"I'm in love with you. Ever since day one, you've piqued my interest, and I couldn't help but fall for you as we became closer. I was hurt more than I was bothered by the fact that your girlfriend took you away from me because even if you didn't know about my feelings for you, I still had you to myself. But then she came along, it was like I never existed in your life Liam, and that hurt me. And-" Liam pulled Zayn into another kiss because he just looked so adorable with words stumbling from his lips as he tried to convey his message, which stirred something in the pit of Liam's stomach.

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer 'cause you are my...

"First time kissing you and I already can't get enough. Damn you Zayn Malik." Liam chuckled.

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore
No, no
Heaven doesn't seem far away

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore
No, no
Heaven doesn't seem far away

"I think I know who will end up having my heart after all." Liam stated.

"Who?"

"You." Zayn's heart fluttered at this, and then he blushed, the rosy color a marvelous contrast against his tanned skin; it had Liam captivated immediately.

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer 'cause you are my heaven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*unedited*

This was requested by @__Mellaaa , hope you liked it!

Please

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Thank you lovelies!

Xx