Reality Check (Ziam)

Third Person's POV

"Where's baba, daddy?" Liam sighed; he was desperately avoiding this question.

"He's working baby." Liam patted his daughter's black hair. She was an exact replica of Zayn himself.

"But, why doesn't he play with me anymore? Does he not love me?" Amelia's hazel eyes widened slightly, wounded, and Liam's heart constricted painfully in his chest.

"Of course not baby! Baba loves you very much, he just has to work so that you can have pretty dolls and go to your expensive school, don't you like it there?"

"I do daddy, but I also want baba back."

"Go to sleep baby girl, I promise baba will be back soon." Liam pressed a tender kiss to his eight year old daughter's forehead, hating the fact that Zayn made him lie to their child.

"Okay daddy, love you. Tell baba I love him." She whispered then fluttered her eyes shut, and soon enough, her breath evened out.

Dejectedly, Liam fixed her fluffy covers over her tiny body, turned off the lights, and left her room.

"Zayn, are you coming back today? Or should I just go to bed without seeing you, as per usual lately." Liam snapped down the phone. He was fed up with Zayn's bizarre behavior. He wasn't only hurting him in the process of the sudden neglecting attitude, but he was also hurting Amelia, and Liam won't allow that.

"Stop whining will ya?! I'm having fun, let me be. All I have been doing is seeing your annoying face lately; it gets boring ya know!" Zayn slurred. Liam gasped at the harsh words spat towards him by none other than his husband. Tears immediately pricked his eyes as he felt his heart rock-bottom despondently.

"I-I'm sorry. Come back whenever you want." He let out a sob, and heard Zayn's immediate intake of breath. He had heard him.

"Lia-"

"Just come back for your daughter, remember her? She misses you." And with that, Liam hung up, and allowed his dam to let loose. Zayn's words echoed around in his head, further worsening the pain from the lacerations his husband inflicted upon his heart.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Zayn walked into the house, seeming to be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. He didn't mean what he had foolishly told Liam yesterday. He is one hundred percent sure that staring at Liam's face is the only thing he wants to do for the rest of his life, that, as well as being there for his daughter.

He just forgot.

Hearing Liam's sob on the phone yesterday slapped him awake, but the damage has been done.

He heard his daughter's infectious giggles followed by Liam's deep voice telling her something about how him and Zayn felt when they found out she was on the way.

The compunction he felt was indescribable. How could he have forgotten that he has a loving family awaiting him everyday while he inanely spent his nights with people who didn't give a shit about him?

"Baba!" Amelia ran towards him and he was quick to carry her in his arms and pepper her lovely face with little kisses.

Liam stood up; he looked conflicted. He oh so desperately wanted to fall into Zayn's embrace, but on the other hand, he was still wounded by what Zayn has told him, so he decided a simple greeting would be sufficient.

"Hi Zayn."

"Hi baby." Liam turned his gaze to the ground at the word. He felt like he could cry because, God, he missed Zayn.

"Baba! C'mon let's play with my new dolls!" Amelia screeched in his ear excitedly. He deviated his attention to his daughter whom was looking up at him with a precious glint in her eyes.

"Let's baby girl." He lowered her to the ground, grabber her tiny hands in his larger ones, and allowed her to lead the way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Zayn and Liam lay in bed back to back. Liam was fast asleep while Zayn was up thinking about how awfully harsh he's been treating his family. Then he heard it.

The terrified scream coming from their daughter's room. He hastily scrambled out of bed and burst into her room only to come to a heart wrenching sight.

Amelia was shivering as she struggled to unwrap the covers from around her legs. Zayn was quick to shake her awake gently and place her on his lap.

"Baby girl, wake up for baba, you're okay."

"Baba." She wailed, terrified.

"Shhh, you're okay. I'm here. Wanna talk about it?" Zayn soothed.

"I dreamt that you left us. That you don't love me anymore. Do you love me baba?" She whimpered, managing to twist at Zayn's heart strings painfully.

"Of course I do baby. I love you and daddy very very much. I'm sorry I wasn't around as much lately; it won't happen again, I promise." Zayn pledged as he tightened his arms around her shivering body.

He began humming a lullaby in her ear, and soon enough, she was out like a light.

He crept silently out of her room, careful not to wake her up. He turned around to go back to their room only to almost get a heart attack as he bumped into Liam's chest.

"I missed you." Liam whispered in his neck.

"I know babe, I'm sorry. I won't leave like that again."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*unedited*

This was requested by @ALCATRAZ_ . I'm sorry this isn't what you exactly wanted, but I hope this will do, if not let me know and I'll write it again! Hope you liked it!

Please

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Thank you lovelies

Xx