Damn Wheelchair (Lirry)

Liam's POV

I sighed as I pushed the wheels of the liability that is my wheelchair through the halls of this damned high school.

When I was five, I was in an accident that stripped me off my ability to walk. Now here I am, in my senior year on a wheelchair.

People here weren't so kind about it. They taunted me every chance they got, called me a cripple, and several times pushed me off of the wheelchair.

My weak arms were deficient in dire needs, like right now. I was late to my AP maths class, and I was sure to be in a whole lot of trouble.

"Mr. Payne, late again." Mrs. Robinson sighed.

"Sorry." I mumbled. She just nodded her head and motioned for me to go in. She was probably one of the only people in this school who sympathized with me.

The periods whizzed by, and my mind remained preoccupied by thoughts of my everlasting misery.

In lunch break, the scratchy voice of the speakers sounded in my ears.

"Liam Payne, please report to the principle's office."

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, but proceeded to wheel myself over to the office.

"Mr. Payne, I've received complaints from your teachers about you always showing up late to your classes. Care to explain?"

"I-I just, it's really hard moving around school with this chair."

"I see, then I'll have one of your classmates help you move around the school." I panicked at that, I'll probably end up with one of the people who hate my guts, and this will be their best chance to make my life even more of a living hell.

As predicted, the principle assigned Harry Styles to my aid; Harry happened to be one of my tormentors. He didn't take it too well.

"Great, now I have to be stuck with the fucking cripple. I'd take Andy over you any day." Harry spat at me, Andy was the school's laughing stock, no one liked Andy.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"You're such a pathetic excuse of a human being. Why'd your parents put you in a normal high school? You're anything but normal." My heart plummeted, Harry was never this mean to me, no one really ever went to that extent before, so it pained me in a new way, deeply.

"I-I..."

"Just shut the hell up, I don't want to hear your voice."

So that's how it became, Harry wheeled me around school and I had to deal with his vicious invectives everyday, in silence of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something seemed off with Harry, he wasn't his usual self. He pushed me around in silence, and not once did he insult me.

At the end of the day, when Harry was leading me to the bus stop, I did the unthinkable.

"Harry, are you okay?"

"Mind your own damn business." He growled.

"I just thought I'd-"

"Shut the fuck up! It's bad enough I have to be stuck with you all day, I don't need your stupid questions!" Harry roared.

Tears filled my eyes and I stared at him obfuscated.

"Don't look at me like that!" He screamed, then, pushed me off the chair.

I landed on the cold, hard ground awkwardly, causing searing pain to shoot up my defunct legs.

I heard Harry's retreating footsteps as I tried so hard not to let the tears roll helplessly down my face.

Luckily enough for me, the chair was at arm's length. I rested my elbow on it, and slowly dragged my legs closer to my body. Mustering up all the strength I could, I hauled myself up, my ass barely landing on the seat. I waited a few moments to regain my breath, years of no strenuous activities does that to you, then I properly seated myself on the chair again. Only then did I allow the tears of frustration and humiliation to roll down my face.

It happened to me before, but I just didn't see it coming from Harry. I thought he was better than that.

I groaned when I realized that it has started to snow, and my crying turned into full on sobbing when I further realized that I'm wearing short sleeves and that I will never be able to make it home now.

I gave up after ten minutes of trying to wheel myself to the other side of the road, dropped my head into my hands, and continued sobbing at my misfortune.

"It's okay Liam, I'll take you home." I heard Harry's voice enter my ears, slightly breathless, an indication that he was running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was requested by @LayanWT , hope you liked it. I'm sorry this took me forever to write.

Please

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Thank you lovelies!

Xx