Passenger Side (Lilo)

Warnings
social discrimination

LIAM'S POV

As any other teenager, I didn't have the ideal life.

I was almost broke, and my deceased parents could not possibly provide a decent life for me, so I lived on the single notes my uncle stingily spared me every week and on the wad of cash I got from fixing cars in a shabby garage owned by a brusque bald guy who liked my work.

But I still had a reason to smile.

The only thing that I had and appreciated every single day was Louis Tomlinson. He was the sunshine to the everlasting darkness that seemed to have consumed me since I was little, the fluorescent glow that illuminated the pitch black hole my life has become, basically the reason I was still alive and mentally stable.

But of course nothing came my way easily, because Louis was not really . . . my type. He was rich and could have anything with a snap of his fingers, I was one of those things. His family despised me, claiming that I was only using him for his money, but Louis knew better. I loved him with all of my heart, yet his family didn't find that enough for their precious boy. I didn't blame them though, Louis did deserve better.

Everywhere we went people looked at us with judgmental eyes, well mostly me. What was this beautiful, rich, boy doing with that poor excuse of a lad? Louis always assured me that he loved me and that I should just ignore them all. But that didn't make it hurt any less, I tried to ignore them but it was just so hard. Whenever I went to pick him up with my old, ratchet car; his friends would laugh at me. It was a funny situation as they all had these fancy and expensive cars, including Louis, yet he chose to ride with me.

I would look at him in my passenger side and a smile would find it's way on my face. He always brightened up my days and made all the pain that I had to go through worth it. His presence in my car made me forget about how disgusting it looked. It was like a death vehicle really, but he didn't seem to mind.

"You're so beautiful Li," Louis whispered as he delicately caressed my cheek.

"And you're so precious baby, thank you for not leaving me like everyone else did." I whispered softly.

"I would never leave you Liam, you don't deserve this life," he said sadly.

"I don't mind as long as you love me."

"I will always love you."

"Promise?"

"I promise." Our lips then locked in their familiar tango.

After each date when it was time for him to go home, I would drop him off but not in front of his house like any other normal boyfriend would do. I would stop the car a couple of inches away from his house because if his parents saw me, the situation wouldn't end on a happy note.

"I'm sorry I'm not the boyfriend you deserve." I lowered my head in shame.

"You're way better Li, I don't want anyone else, I only want you." He grabbed my chin forcing me to look him in his hypnotizing orbs that always managed to trap me in them, rendering me helplessly.

I moved over from my seat climbing on top of him, lowering his seat in the process. I straddled his hips looking him in the eye the whole time, his eyes bearing nothing but love and adoration, surprisingly, towards me. I'm pretty sure my eyes mirrored his, the only difference was that his eyes were something special, one of his most magnificent features, while mine were pretty boring. He always claimed that he loved my eyes so much because they were an indicator of my feelings and they also reminded him of a puppy. It's quite strange, but I never said anything, I just sat there listening to him telling me how much he loved my eyes and describing the depths of the shades of brown they beheld. It warmed my heart looking at his cute pouty lips moving so fast, going on and on about how 'sexy' I was.