Cities (Niam)

Third Person's POV

During the day, it's a place filled with wonders. The sun gleams and its heat burns and tortures the skin. The trees look like they're in desperate need of a trickle of water, yet they behold lives of many tiny creatures. The only people who might somehow enjoy their time when the sun is still a visitor are the innocent children. At night, the demons come out. They destroy the small amount of existence that was present during the day. They haunt the people who are at their weakest, pushing them over the edge, or just destroying them more than their problems already do. The wonders that fill this place aren't exactly wonderful. They're bizarre and peculiar because they're only existent in Liam's mind. This is nothing like the real world. In all actuality, the true life that people live can be happy and can be wistful. Some people live nostalgic and some people live for tomorrow. Liam was that percentage that was just miserable. He built a city in his dreams and imagination that wasn't entirely better than his reality, but he somehow had a sense of control over it. He can make it happy, like his own fairytale, but he chose to keep it similar to his own life so that he wouldn't lose his grip entirely.

He lies to himself and convinces it that life would get better one day, but he knows that he's just dancing around his lies at the end of the day. Unlike many people, Liam wasn't in the highest place in his palace, he lived in its ruins and he didn't quite mind, as long as he was still living. He was the sole character in this tragedy, he was the actor of all the sad parts because after all, it was a tragedy.

Slowly but surely a new character came into the picture, Niall Horan. He was accepted into Liam's life when he was proven to be a similar character to the main one. Niall's world wasn't that different to Liam's, only a bit brighter, just a bit.

Now, the sun gleamed brighter, more people had a smile gracing their tired features, the demons were chased away by an unknown force. Liam knew who was the cause of all of this, but he refused to believe it or like accept it just yet. Everything happened so fast for Liam's unchanging life, that it took him some time to adapt. He wasn't used to having someone sharing his role, someone who understood him.

The blonde who still had some of his innocence stored in his somehow pure heart didn't mind sharing it with Liam. His heart called out to the poor boy and he wanted to wrap him in his arms and just keep him there, away from the demons, or it could be the other way around; he just wanted to be close to Liam.

After an expected struggle, both boys were climbing up the stairs towards the peak of their unexposed palace. When the feeling of security and courage overtook their hearts, they were both ready to escape their palace and this still foreign city, and enter the familiar and former hell. They still couldn't get out, they still haven't found their strong and powerful release. Everyday they became convinced even more that they were completely ready to go back to the real life. The gates still wouldn't open. They still weren't allowed to exit this city.

"I love you." They spoke at the same time; the gates finally crashed down.

A/N~~~~~~~~~

Tell me your opinions?

Please

Vote

Comment

Follow

Thank you lovelies.

Xx