Dumb (Ziall)

Third Person's POV

Zayn and Niall have been dating for five years now, and they couldn't be more in love. That's why, Zayn decided that it was about time he proposed.

He decided that he would need to prepare the venue and the theme of this ordeal. He wanted it to be perfect, a night they would both remember and smile warmly while doing so.

It was unintentional, him leaving so early and coming back late at night. Not giving Niall his usual good morning kiss, missing their date nights. He was so focused on making this the second best night of their lives, the first being the actual wedding.

Of course, Niall wouldn't understand that because he had no clue as to why his dear boyfriend was doing that. His assumptions were far from true, but there was no one to prove him otherwise.

What if he's cheating?

What if he doesn't love me anymore?

Has he found someone better?

They were all questions flying around in Niall's head, and he couldn't help but let them conquer what his heart always assured him of, Zayn loves him and no one else. This thought that Niall was oh so desperately hanging on was starting to become weaker by the day.

Zayn wasn't there, Zayn was always leaving him. He was no longer with him.

It troubled Niall to no end, and he had no idea of what to do. He decided that maybe if he woke up before Zayn did and told him that he wanted to take him on a date, he would talk to him at said date; he would question his weird antics before rushing to conclusions like he was doing.

So that's what Niall did, he miraculously woke up two minutes before Zayn did. Zayn fluttered his eyes open, didn't even spare a glance towards Niall, and he was quickly jumping out of bed; he was so close to finish his grand plan.

"Zayn, wait." Niall spoke sadly.

"Niall, why are you awake?" Zayn questioned with his eyebrows raised.

"I, um, I never quite catch you before you leave, and I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me tonight." Niall felt like he was asking Zayn for the first time, it's not like he's asking his five year long term boyfriend.

"Yeah sure, when?" Zayn asked distractedly, as he was putting his shoes on.

"Seven."

"Okay, see you then." He left Niall without the good morning kiss, although Niall was very much awake. It saddened Niall to no end.

7:30

He'll come Niall.

8:00

Maybe he's stuck in traffic.

9:30

Niall blew out the candles he had prepared. It was a romantic dinner after all.

At eleven, Zayn finally showed up, with no thoughts with how distraught Niall is because he didn't show up to their date.

He was surprised to walk in to their house and find Niall sleeping on the couch. He looked to the dining table to find a seemingly magnificent meal that Niall must've prepared.

Shit!

He missed the date Niall told him about earlier this morning, he was just so distracted today. Today was the day that he finally purchased the ring, and he wasn't thinking about anything else at the time.

Disheartened, he scooped Niall up in his arms and carried him to their room. When he laid him down on the bed, Niall woke up.

"Zayn?" He whispered groggily.