Chapter 5

After a few more minutes in the bathroom, Amity finally walked out. She looked worn out, but glanced around the room, immediately noticing that Eda and Luz were gone.

Amity B.: Where's Luz...?

Lilith spoke up.

Lilith C.: She went to Earth with Edalyn so she could talk to her mother. How do you feel?

Amity B.: A little sick still... but I don't think I have anything else in my entire body to throw up...

Lilith drew a circle around a cup of water, making it more of a purple color, and handed it to Amity.

Lilith C.: Here, this should ease up the day sickness.

Amity softly muttered a thank you as she sat back down.

Amity B.: I—I'm really sorry... I just messed everything up, didn't I...? I—I just... Luz and I...

Lilith leaned over and gently laid her hand on the table on top of Amity's hand.

Lilith C.: It's okay, Amity. I'm sorry for snapping at you. I know you didn't intend for this to happen so soon. You and Luz made it more than clear that you wanted this to happen at least after everything has settled down with Belos and your family. I'm just worried about you. You get so afraid of what your parents will think of over minor things you so much as think about. I'm worried that they really are as dangerous as you say they are.

Amity B.: I... I don't think I talked about them much... did I?

Lilith shook her head.

Lilith C.: It wasn't necessarily what you said. But it was all the nervous looks. I've seen that expression of fear, though you try to hide it. And, Luz gave us another detail when I asked what you planned to do. Are you really that willing to give up your identity, and possibly leave and stop using magic just to have this child and be with Luz?

Amity gulped, but ultimately nodded. Lilith sighed.

Lilith C.: Then, that tells me two things. One, I know for sure that you are completely committed to this relationship. So I don't need to worry about effort. And two, that there might be another factor that would push you to being so concerned. Am I correct in assuming that?

Amity nodded again.

Amity B.: It's... going to earth is a last resort option. Ideally, Luz and I would want to stay in the Boiling Isles, we like the idea of this child being raised around magic. But if things get too bad, if we don't feel like it'll be safe... We, aren't opposed to the idea of staying at Earth just to protect this child from my parents and Emperor Belos.

It went a bit quiet after that, but then the portal opened. Eda stuck her head through, looking nervous.

Lilith C.: Well?

Eda C.: Not good, Lily. Kid? Luz's mom says she wants to meet you.

Amity shuddered and got up, having drank some of the enchanted water Lilith gave her to ease her morning sickness.

Amity walked through the portal, and followed Eda down a path to get to where Luz lived.

She glanced around during their conversation, intrigued by the plants and animals she was seeing. She found it interesting that all of the houses looked the same, they were all symmetrical. Amity jumped up in surprise when she saw a car go down the street.

Amity: What in the name of Titan is that?!

Eda laughed a bit.

Eda C.: Relax kid, it's a car. It's a common form of transport for humans.