Chapter 10

One Week Later
Luz N.: Mama!

Luz ran over to Camila and hugged her as she saw her exit the house with Eda. The two women shared a quick glance before their attention was brought back to Luz.

Luz N.: I'm so happy to see you!

Camila smiled and hugged Luz back.

Camila N.: So am I, Mija. And besides,

Camila looked up, having a rare gleam of joy in her eye as she looked around the forest area.

Camila N.: I missed this place. Despite all the trouble it caused Edalyn and I, I still missed this place.

Camila shook her head then.

Camila N.: Now let's get you ready for that date!
During the Date
Amity N.: AH! Those metal things have lights?!

Luz laughed and nodded when the car passed them. Having been the only one who knew to shield her eyes while Amity needed a few seconds to see again.

Luz N.: Yeah, it's to help the driver see where they're going when it's dark out. But there's a little park area and a snack shop around the block if you guys want to go there for a bit.

Since neither of them had really eaten anything before they cast the spell, Amity agreed to the idea.

The pair got some food and hung out at the park, Luz and Amity sat on a bench together and ate their food while King played on the playground.

Luz N.: Hey, you doing okay?

Amity nodded with a small smile on her face.

Amity N.: Yeah, I'm glad I'm finally able to see where you grew up. And, you know, we're getting married later.

Luz smiled and pulled Amity close.

Luz N.: Right. I'm happy, too, especially with our owlet on the way.

Amity giggled and rolled her eyes.

Amity N.: Is that going to be a nickname we use for this kid for the rest of their lives?

Luz shrugged.

Luz N.: Don't know, but it's cute.

Amity sighed.

Amity N.: Yeah, it is... oh Titan... I just realized... am I really three months along already...?

Luz blinked, but then laughed as she realized.

Luz N.: Well, yeah! Apparently! Let's hope the rest of this seems to go by just as fast?

Amity nodded. She leaned her head on Luz' shoulder as they just relaxed.

Amity N.: Hey, how do you think Eda and your mom are doing?

Luz shrugged.

Luz N.: I don't know, I just hope they aren't getting in a fight.
Meanwhile
Later
Eda C.: So... how is being a nurse going...?

Eda immediately regretted talking after she said those words. But she and Camila had been sitting in silence for nearly fifteen minutes. Eda was desperate to break the silence. But didn't think bothering the girls when they were asleep was a good way to do that.

Unbeknownst to them, however, the pair wasn't in the house, neither was King. They'd snuck out the window.

Camila N.: Good, I've been assisting in more surgeries more recently, so I'm beginning to wonder if a promotion is somewhere down the line.

Eda C.: Okay.

Eda didn't want it to go silent again so she spoke again without thinking.

Eda C.: Camila... How do you really feel about this whole thing? Luz and Amity, Luz wanting to live here...? Luz isn't down here right now, so you don't need to hold yourself back.