Other Story 1: Pt. 2

(A/N: So, as long as I'm working on this and other short stories I might do. This doesn't really count as completed, does it?

Ah, eff it. The main story is done. Aside from one bonus chapter.)

< One Year Later >

Viney glanced over at her girlfriend, looking at her with pleading eyes.

Viney B.: Emira, please. I know you have a bad history with her, but we need all the help we can get to take down Belos. Could you at least set your anger aside for a little while? You don't need to be nice to her, just don't start a fight.

Emira glanced down.

Emira B.: I'll try not to start a fight... But it's still a fresh wound, Viney. Amity is dead because of her...

Viney looked forward again with a sadness in her eyes. Having liked Amity quite a lot herself. Both of them had taken to caring for her palisman, Ghost. After Ed went to the Owl House the day after the petrification and didn't come back. The remaining Blights accusing Luz of harming him in some way as well.

Once Boscha had flown over with Willow, the Owl House had to be moved off of the Boiling Isles due to the Blight parents sending people after them.

It was on a somewhat small island, behind the cave where Eda found King. And there were other houses hidden in the island as well to home all of the rebels who fled there.

When they landed, they immediately spotted Edric. Who went over and hugged them both tight.

Edric B.: It took you both long enough to come over! Does this mean you'll finally talk to Luz about what happened?

Edric's voice was hopeful, and it almost made Emira feel guilty. Almost.

Emira B.: Y—you're alive?! I thought you were dead!

Edric smiled.

Edric B.: It'll take more than whatever you thought it was to take me down. You really have that little faith in your brother? Sorry for not letting you all know, by the way. I forgot my scroll. And Belos is monitoring every letter that arrives at the Boiling Isles.

Edric laughed proudly.

Edric B.: In fact, it's a miracle that we got the letter to your group at all! It was actually our sixteenth attempt!

Emira blinked. That explained a lot. But she hugged Edric tight.

Emira B.: Glad you're not dead.

Edric hugged back.

Edric B.: Glad you gave us a chance. And are maybe willing to give Luz a chance...?

She shook her head, a small glare on her face as she spotted the human in purple and white a distance away.

Emira B.: "Azura wannabe, figures." Not in a million years.

Edric's face fell a bit. And he cautiously gestured behind him where Luz and another person were.

Edric B.: Um, will you at least talk? She was trying to contact you last year for a really important reason.

Emira snapped back. Part of her regretting what she said as she saw Luz's head turn.

Emira B.: Oh, what? Important because she wouldn't mind getting us all petrified?

Luz noticed Emira looking and moved further away, Edric blinking.

Edric B.: She. Em, that wasn't on purpose.

Emira took in a deep breath, lowering her voice.

Emira B.: It doesn't matter if it was purposeful or not. We lost our little sister because of her. I'll bet as didn't matter to Luz at all. She wasn't even upset when I called her.