Prologue

Amity B: "Oh no... No, why...? What have we done...?"

Amity's head was spinning, she could feel the wretched sickness pooling in her stomach and burning in her throat. Yet she held it back, knowing that letting go for even a moment would cause her to alert her family members. Something that both she, Luz, and the pending third party could absolutely not afford at the moment.

Amity had been suspicious since the first time she vomited, which was three days prior. She knew that there couldn't have been a coincidence, there had been no difference in her usual routine that could have caused her symptoms. For those three days she still seemed to be processing it, unable to completely come to grips with that realization.

At that point, after school, when she got home, and got sick out of nowhere for the third time that day... The full realization attacked the witch like a ton of bricks directly to the head. Amity did not think she needed a doctor to tell her what was happening. What she and her partner had gotten themselves into.

Amity had been beating herself up for the hour since, calling herself stupid, accusing herself of lacking the brain capacity to listen to the creature's fine print, like the book urged her and Luz to do. However, she stopped after a while. Mentally abusing herself wasn't going to change the situation. There was no away to reverse the contract either.

She did confirm her fears with a test, and promptly burned it into ashes afterward so her family couldn't find out.

By the time that conclusion was reached, Amity only knew that she had to tell Luz as soon as possible.