Chapter 8

One Week Later
Edric B.: Okay, Mittens, one more goodbye hug...?

Amity B.: I already hugged you five times. And this won't be the last time you see me for a long time.

Edric gave Amity a pouty face.

Edric B.: Well, some of those hugs were for Emira. Since she isn't here right now, she asked me to give you a hug for her.

Amity B.: And I already gave five.

Edric B.: And I'm not a fan of odd numbers. Plus it wouldn't be a fair ratio for Emira and me. C'mon, I'll miss you! I promise this'll be the last hug?

Amity sighed.

Amity B.: Okay, one more hug, but that's it.

Edric B.: Deal!

Amity was pulled into a hug, Amity had warned him not to hug her too tight, but didn't state the reason. Amity hugged back, admittedly feeling the same as Edric. Just not as bad. She was used to seeing her siblings daily, so this would be, weird...

Edric looked at Luz who was standing awkwardly, Edric pulled away.

Edric B.: Okay, I don't wanna keep you too long. Let me know when and where we can meet you for visits!

Amity B.: Okay.

The two started walking out before Edric spoke again.

Edric B.: And, Luz?

Luz N.: Yeah?

Edric gave a half-teasing threatening look.

Edric B.: Be good to my sister, okay?

Luz jokingly saluted, making Edric and Amity laugh.

Luz N.: Yes, Sir!

Then they were both on their way. This definitely felt weird. Amity walking away from her home knowing she wouldn't be going back. But it mostly felt great, the more she thought of it, it wasn't like the place was somewhere she considered her home in the first place. Her parents made it so that she always dreaded leaving school and returning to that place.

But now? Amity was feeling excited to be able to stay with Luz. She would finally have a place to genuinely call home. At least for the time being. She wouldn't have to worry about hiding her condition anymore. She'd only need to do that at school or in public rather than all the time. And she'd be able to marry the love of her life, albeit with a bit of sneaking around.

Luz N.: Hey, you feeling okay?

Amity looked at Luz and nodded. And hugged Luz as she spoke.

Amity B.: Yeah. I feel fantastic...

Luz N.: Is that you being sarcastic?

Amity smiled and shook her head.

Amity B.: No, this really feels great. I'm so glad to have you in my life, Luz...

Luz smiled as she heard that and gently kissed Amity on the forehead.

Luz N.: Well, don't think I feel any different. I'm so glad you're away from all of that, Amy... Believe me, I would have acted sooner if I knew what was going on.

Amity B.: It's my fault you didn't know. I didn't want you to know about what was going on. I figured you already had a lot on your mind, and...

Luz frowned.

Luz N.: The whole: "you not wanting to make excuses" thing...?

Amity nodded, looking away.

Luz N.: Hey...

Luz gently lifted Amity's face so they made eye contact.

Luz N.: None of that was your fault, okay? You parents were abusing you, Edric, and Emira. And that isn't because of anything you did. It's just something their twisted minds thought was justified in regards to treating their children...

Amity B.: Well, it wasn't so much my dad... but he didn't really object to what my mom did...

Luz N.: That's just as bad then. But, hey... they aren't controlling you anymore. And you'll be around more people who really care about you. You don't need to worry about them anymore.

Amity smiled.

Amity B.: I know. I really can't wait for everything that's going to happen, Luz. The wedding, us being parents. Staying with Lilith, Eda, King, and Hooty. And being able to see you every day...

Luz blushed.

Luz N.: And night.~ Don't forget that, Amy~

Amity blushed.

Amity B.: Yeah. That'll be really nice...

The couple pulled each other into a hug then.

Amity B.: I love you.

Luz smiled and hugged Amity tighter.

Luz N.: I love you, too.

A few moments later, both of them melted into a kiss.
Later
The two made it to the Owl House, where Hooty shouted to them. Startling Amity despite having heard Hooty yell like that many times.

Hooty: You're here! Welcome home hoot hoot!

Hooty let the two in, where they were greeted by King.

King: Hi current and new roommate! Welcome back!

Both young women smiled at that. Luz picked King up and nuzzled his cheek.

Luz N.: Aw! Thank you King!

Amity B.: Thank you.

Eda and Lilith poked their heads in.

Eda C.: Alright! Welcome back, ladies!

Amity: Hi, Miss Owl Lady.

Luz N.: Hey, Eda!

Lilith hummed while she used a potion to heal a plant, but jumped and turned to look behind her when she heard her sister shout in surprise.

Eda C.: Wait, what?!

Luz N.: Uh, I was just asking if you wanted to talk to my mom sometime...? You didn't really get to do that before.

Amity B.: I wouldn't mind that either, Miss Owl Lady. It's been years since you hung out properly anyway, right?

Eda glanced at where Lilith was in the kitchen and shook her head.

Eda C.: No! It's not like that! Even if it was, wouldn't it be awkward?

Both young women shook their heads.

Luz N.: It would be awkward if we were in the same room, but that's not what we were thinking. We wouldn't mind if you both decided to hang out when we went to bed or something? Amy and I wanted to go on a small date that night too.

Amity B.: Yeah, we know you missed each other and still love each other, so it's really not a problem.

Eda shook her head again.

Eda C.: No, really. It's not like that. We did feel that way, but not anymore. In the very least I don't think Camila feels that way towards me.

Luz and Amity glanced at each other, knowing that Eda was lying about her feelings towards the situation. Luz's mom had confessed to her while Eda was getting Amity that she still loved Eda, but wasn't sure if it was a good idea to try a relationship again.

That was when Amity, Luz, Hooty, and King began forming a plan to get Eda and Camila alone together to talk things through. It didn't exactly matter if they got together or not, but they really needed to get their feelings out on the open.