Chapter 14

Two Months Later
Luz had not been able to get her conversation with Emperor Belos out of her head.

Luz told Amity about it a few days after it was still bothering her, and she seemed a bit alarmed that Luz remembered it so well. And she confirmed that it probably was a real interaction. She told Eda about it as well, and Lilith confirmed that he'd brought the topic up of the Day of Unity with her when she was still the head Coven leader.

Eda seemed surprised to hear that Belos was a human, which made her realize that there was something else that influenced or compelled Lilith to curse her when she found out about Luz and Camilla.

One day, however, that was the last thing on everyone's minds.

When they noticed their absences, Willow and Gus were told that Amity and Luz were going to miss the last day of school. At least before their official graduation where they would join their covens. They both knew what that had to mean.

Boscha and a few others could tell that they knew what was happening, so the two had to put up with all of their classmates trying to pressure them into spilling the beans. However, they made it to the end of the day, feeling more than a little emotionally drained.

The two began rushing to the Owl House once school ended. They knew there wasn't a rush, but they still wanted to support them for all the time they could.

When they got here, they saw the light for Luz and Amity's room on, and they guessed that that was where the whole thing was happening.

Hooty let them in—after warning them not to go into the room until Eda said it was okay—and they wound up waiting downstairs while hearing a commotion upstairs.
Meanwhile
Eda C.: Okay, honey. Stay calm, and take deep breaths.

Everyone in the Owl House knew that Amity would go into labor soon, but they were preparing for it to happen in the middle of the night, Amity started feeling pains in the morning. Though, this would mean that it would be over around midnight.

Amity snapped at Eda, pretty much blinded by the pain.

Amity N.: Why don't you try staying calm when it feels like your insides are being ripped apart?!

Lilith tried to pick Amity up.

Lilith C.: Edalyn—

Eda C.: Lily, it's okay, I've done this before. Right there is the best spot for her. But you can help by getting some water, and a towel one of us can warm up. And, Luz? Amity will need you next to her for extra support.

Luz nodded, and gently grabbed Amity's hand.

Eda C.: Oh, and King? Once we actually get started here, I'll need you to guard the door to make sure nobody walks in on accident. I'd rather not have this be a reason for anyone to need therapy.

King: Yes ma'am! I shall guard this door with my life!

King walked out the door and closed it.

Amity took in deep breaths of air as another contraction ran through her body.

Amity N.: Ngh—! L—Luz...?

Luz squeezed Amity's hand gently.

Luz N.: I'm here, Amy... How are you doing?

Amity shut her eyes tightly in pain, and shot a small glare at Luz.

Amity N.: Does it look like I'm doing alright—AH!

Luz N.: Amity?!

Eda took a deep breath. When witches went into labor, they had an indicator that told them it was time to start pushing. There was a nerve that sent a small shock through the body when the head or legs applied enough pressure to it to alert the witch.