Chapter 11

One Month Later
Amity was lucky that she had a loose uniform. As she had more time to learn how to hide the growing bump with an illusion spell. Since nobody outside the Owl House knew why she needed the spell, she only had Luz to help teach her. Amity had also been studying more about illusions that would require the least energy and the most convincing concealment.

She had to be especially cautious as their class was approaching Final Duels Day. Where the track teachers would duel their students to determine if they were or were not ready to join their intended Coven.

People initially didn't recognize Amity because she'd taken the dye out of her hair, and it was back to its natural brown. However several students complimented it, saying it suited her better than the green. Even Willow and Gus said they thought she looked nice. Boscha and Skara on the other hand...

Amity noticed that she had begun getting more annoyed with Boscha and Skara. She wasn't forced to hang out with them anymore, because she left her parents. However this didn't stop the two of them from pestering Luz, Willow, Gus, and now Amity especially for suddenly ghosting them.

Amity did feel bad in a way, but for one thing her "friendship" with them wasn't voluntary. And for another thing, they—especially Boscha—weren't good people. Part of the reason Amity was getting so irritated was because of how they were picking on the people she cared about.

Amity didn't mind when they messed with her, but she would immediately get up to defend Luz and her friends when Boscha and Skara's attention was directed to them.

Despite this, things were awkward between her, Willow, and Gus. Luz stayed supportive and said that they could spend lunch alone if that's what she wanted. But Amity shut that idea down immediately. She didn't want to cut Luz off from her friends just because of a misunderstanding.

This was bound to come to a head eventually, and it did when Luz went to the restroom during lunch. And Gus saw Amity's tattoo.

Augustus P.: Hey, when did you get that tattoo? It looks neat...?

Gus sounded a bit nervous, like he was trying to fix the awkwardness between them without a plan on what to say.

Amity lifted her hand and went a bit pale.

Amity N.: Um, last month...?

Willow looked closely at the tattoo and blinked in shock.

Willow P.: Wait, is that...?

Luz walked back to the table, sitting next to Amity again.

Luz N.: Hey, what are you guys talking about?

Augustus P.: The tattoo Amity got last month. What's it supposed to be? It looks like a ring.

Amity's face went a bit red and she looked away, Willow spoke up suspiciously.

Willow P.: Yeah, did something happen with your parents...?

Amity's head jolted up and she shook her head quickly.

Amity N.: No, it's not that! I don't live with them anymore, I left. It's why I was able to take the dye out of my hair.

Both Willow and Gus didn't hide their relief from hearing that.

Willow P.: So, wait...

Something suddenly made contact with the back of Amity's head.

Amity N.: Ow! What hit me?!

Amity grabbed the back of her head, feeling something somewhat liquidy. She, Luz, and the others turned their attention to where Boscha and Skara were. Boscha was looking in another direction while holding a slightly melted ball of wax while pretending she didn't throw the first one at Amity.