Chapter 13

Two Months Later
Amity had begun using her illusion spell, keeping her condition hidden as best she could. Eda and Lilith helped her to practice keeping it up, and Luz practiced the illusion for a situation where Amity couldn't hold it up herself.

Both had become weary of going to Hexide again after what happened during Final Duels Day. Amity was still shaken up by having that spell cast on her again. Luz and everyone were there to comfort Amity, but there wasn't a way for them to completely erase the damage, mentally speaking. Especially since that kind of thing had been going on since Amity was a child.

Everyone was still supportive, and while it took a while for Willow and Gus to process that their best friend was going to be a mother already, they showed their support as well. Willow and Gus apologized to Amity for thinking the worst of her, and Willow was especially apologetic for being accusative when Amity put herself through so much to try and stay friends with her. Amity forgave both of them, but was surprised that they thought they had to apologize. Especially considering she was cold to them first.

But it was a night off, she was savoring being in bed with Luz, relaxing and feeling the occasional kick. It started the previous month, Amity pretty much only allowed Luz and King to touch her stomach, and everyone respected her wishes and gave her space when she needed it.

Luz N.: So... I forgot to tell my mom about this...

Amity giggled and grabbed Luz's hand.

Amity N.: That's okay, I still haven't told Ed and Em, we're both on a similar level here...

Luz pulled Amity closer, holding her hand and gently draping her other arm over Amity's stomach.

Luz N.: What makes you nervous about that, anyway?

Amity side-eyed Luz.

Amity N.: Why haven't you told your mom?

Luz shrugged.

Luz N.: I don't know why I haven't told my mom yet, it's probably just because I'm worried that'll push her over the edge and finally make her object to me being with you. But the other part of me is reassuring me that if she was so supportive of all this, why wouldn't she support the other part of it?

Amity nodded.

Amity N.: Well, that's most likely why I don't want to tell Edric and Emira. I'm also worried that they'll put themselves in danger to protect us if they knew the other part of it. I just don't want them to put too much of their focus onto us if they need help more.

Luz cuddled up to Amity from behind, laying a quick kiss on the back of her shoulder.

Luz N.: I can't argue with that. I'd hate myself too if my mom put everything on the line just to try and help me...

Amity N.: And it's not like I want to hide this from them forever. They've already put up with so much to try and keep me safe from our parents, I just don't want them to prioritize me too much again.

Luz N.: And that's okay. You have a good reason to feel that way, Amity. Don't feel bad about it...

Amity smiled and squeezed Luz's hand.

Amity N.: I'm not, but thank you anyway. I think I'm going to go to sleep now, though...

Luz N.: Okay, me too. Night, babe...

Amity N.: Night, Luz...

Luz and Amity stayed cuddled together as they slept. However Luz didn't sleep soundly, as least towards the end of the night.

"Human..."

Luz shuddered as she recognized the voice, she found herself in their bedroom again, except there was a third person in the room.