Chapter 24

Here's a new chapter. Do share your thoughts.

Stay safe everyone. God bless you guys and have a great day ahead.

Long chapter ahead. Muahh❤️

🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁

Third Person's POV

AJ screamed and kicked as they separated her from Cora's body. There was nothing else they could do. They didn't need to prolong the process. When they came, the paramedics confirmed that Cora was dead almost immediately.

"Noah do something!!" She screamed as they dragged her out. Noah trembled as he walked towards his broken friend. He looked at the paramedics and told them to let her go. Once they did, Noah took AJ in his arms and they both cried. They were too shocked. Crying was the only thing they could do.

"AJ we have to go to the hospital okay. We...we need to know the cause."

AJ kept crying and she couldn't hear what Noah was saying. Instead of saying anything else, Noah took her by the hand and led her into his car. "AJ we have to go. We both have to see her."

With that, Noah made sure AJ was buckled up before closing the passenger door. He then walked around his car and got into the driver's seat.

The closest hospital was half an hour away. It was too far away. Half an hour felt like an eternity. AJ's sobs slowly faded into soft hiccups. Noah couldn't cry after that. He was barely thinking as he drove to the St. Jude's hospital. Their foggy minds still could not process whatever happened.

"Are you good to drive?" AJ spoke for the first time in the car. They were almost halfway there.

"Yes." Noah let out a shaky breath as he gripped the steering wheel.

"I'm....I'm going to call Willow."

"Yeah, do that. But, wait she's at the party right?"

"I'll call Kian then." She sniffled.

Kian picked up after two rings.

"AJ I'm driving her back to my place as we speak. No I'm not holding my phone while I drive. It's connected to my car's Bluetooth. Willow is safe and in good hands."

"Kian is she awake?" AJ sniffled again. Her words wouldn't come out smoothly.

"She's asleep AJ. Had more drinks than she could handle. Hey you okay?"

"It's Cora. Um, she's..... she's..." AJ swallowed hard and looked over at Noah as her tears filled her eyes again. He looked back at her for a moment and gave her a defeated nod.

"She's gone Kian. Willow needs know that." She controlled myself as best she could. She didn't want to break down again. "Noah and I are headed to St. Jude's hospital as we speak. They're going to run some tests and they'll let us know the cause once they're done." AJ let out a heavy breath once she ended.

"Wh...what? You..you can't be serious." Kian couldn't understand what had happened. How could he simply throw a news like this to his girlfriend?

"I wish I wasn't. I wish she would wake up. She might wake up. She can still wake up...." AJ's voice became quieter as she lost control of the words which came out. She began to chant that Cora will soon wake up. Fearing for the state of his friend's mind, Noah reached over and took her phone.

"This isn't some joke Kian. You need to tell Willow that Cora is gone. She needs to know and she has to come to the hospital once she's able to." With that he hung up.