Chapter 13

Hey my beloved readers!! New chapter!!! Thanks for all the support so far. Do lemme know what you think about the story.

Anyhow, stay safe. Lots of love.

God bless you guys and have a great day ahead.

✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌

################################

Rylen's POV

All this time. All these weeks. All those cupcakes. They were all from her?

To be honest, I shouldn't be this stunned. This girl has frequently been spotted in this building and from what Gabrielle said, she doesn't have any classes here. Plus, she started coming here around the same time she befriended my best friend so yes there was an obvious connection.

Now!!!

There was an obvious connection now!!!

There wasn't any connection then because I never saw it!! I never connected her to the mystery cupcakes! Who would?!

Damn it!

Damn me!

Up to this second, I could never imagine those sweet cupcakes coming from a person like her. It didn't make any sense and to have the unimaginable reality proven right in front of me, well, it wasn't easy to digest.

Jaxon and I hid behind the wall again. Two minutes later, we heard the door creak open. I peeked from behind the wall to see that same girl walk out. Accepting the truth was simply baffling for me.

It was all her?!

The passive aggressive nerdy, psycho, weirdo who yelled at me for the first time on the road? The moron who I despise? The moron with a big mouth? That girl?!

No way. It can't be. Maybe she's just a messenger. Yeah. Maybe.

"Hey man, are you okay. You look like you've seen a ghost."

"That girl. She's your friend right?" I asked Jax. He seemed to really know her.

"We're not actually that close." He mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Bullshit. You know her. What was she doing in there?" I demanded. Jax definitely knew something. Otherwise, he wouldn't be this nervous. Without giving me a reply, he simply shrugged his shoulders.

I groaned and pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. The nerd did not only befriend Eli. Clearly their friendship had morphed into something more over these past few weeks.

She liked him. She actually liked my best friend in a that way.

That not only means she didn't make a mistake but also, those cupcakes were meant for Eli.

No one else.

I couldn't believe that I actually had my suspicions but didn't think much of it.

Why didn't I bother entertaining my scepticism? Why didn't I join the dots that were highlighted right in front of me?

I kept asking myself these questions as ran my fingers through my hair and paced back and forth.

Maybe because I didn't want to.

At that moment of time, knowing for a fact that those cupcakes and all the notes were really not meant for me, it disturbed me to no end. It felt like a bucket of acid was poured over my cold body. I was suddenly thrown into a place where I did not matter.