Chapter 21

Hey beloved readers. My schedule is getting busier by the week. Please forgive the long, long waits. Speaking of a long wait, here's two chapters.

Yayyy.

Please share your thoughts.

God bless you guys and have a great day ahead. Remember, stay safe.

🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁

AJ's POV

I was never the one to be dramatic but when we said it together, my heart skipped a beat and everything around me seemed blurry.

My head was spinning and I felt like throwing up. Those cupcakes may seem childish and cliché to any other person but not me. They were everything to me. They helped me express myself and how I felt about another person. Those cupcakes illustrated my every emotion. Now, instead of sending them to the one person I was willing to open up to, they found themselves to another.

I couldn't even describe how I felt at that moment but I know that it was beyond upsetting.

"Y...you took them. All....all of them?" He nodded at me. I sucked in a deep breath not being able to say anything further.

"I didn't take them. Eli gave them to me because he couldn't eat the cupcakes."

Oh God the notes.

I couldn't stand in front of him anymore. I could no longer handle  the embarrassment and disappointment. So I side stepped him and rushed away from his calculating eyes.

"AJ wait! I haven't finished-"

"I don't need to know anything else." My voice broke but I didn't stop running. I had to get away from him. All this time. Both of them kept the truth from me.

Only once I neared the end of the field did I stop. Resting my hands on my knees, I took a minute to catch my breath. The ground below me was moving and making my head spin.

"AJ you okay?!"

Willow?

"By the time I stood up straight, Willow was already by my side with her hand behind my back. She looked so worried and I understood why. I was a complete mess. I wanted to let her know that everything was okay, but my words got stuck in my throat.

"Cora?" She was standing behind Willow. "Cora I thought you were sick."

"She is. But we really had to do something important today." Willow eyed Cora. What were they hiding? Cora then stepped towards me, took my right hand in hers and led me to the field. We sat on the bleachers this time because there was football practice.

I looked over at Cora waiting for an explanation. The silence between the three of us only made my day worse.

"I was going to tell you this on Tuesday but I decided against it. Please don't think I didn't want to tell you AJ, because I really was." Cora tried to explain.

"I can confirm that." Willow gave me a tight smile.

"You guys are scaring me. Did anything bad happen to you Cora?" She looked at me for a moment and then sighed.

Oh no.

"It's happening again." She said painfully. Anger took over me immediately. I was going to stand but Willow stopped me.

"What did she do?!" I gritted out. Elizabeth Pierce is so dead when I get my hands on her. I am going to skin her alive and feed her to some starved wild animal.