Chapter 4

Hey there beloved readers, thought of updating a little sooner. Here's another chapter for you guys. Do enjoy lemme know what you think. Thanks for all the reads and votes so far.

God bless you guys. Have a wonderful day ahead.

#staysafe

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

AJ's POV

"I love The Lord of the Rings!!" He said enthusiasticly. The way his brown eyes lit up made my heart beat faster. He was so full of life and so into our conversation.

"And I still wish I could marry Aragorn." I admitted

"You and me both!" He laughed wholeheartedly. Eli's laugh made me smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah he was my favourite character from a book and a movie for so many years." His eyes shined with adoration. "But you have to admit Arwen's pretty badass too."

"She is. She gave herself completely to Aragorn. Her heart, her whole world, everything. That kind of love just makes you....."

"Become a hopeless romantic?"

"Yes!" I said before taking a mouthful of spaghetti. We were at a café right next to our campus. They sold all kinds of food here and they were all really good.

"So AJ, what do you do for fun? Besides being a superhero?" Eli asked after taking a bite out of his tuna sandwich. I have him a cheeky smile and thankfully I didn't giggle.

He thought I was a superhero?

"Um I like going to the movies, talking about unrealistic futures with my friends, um reading, going to the movies..." A few seconds passed before I realized I said the same thing twice. I couldn't think of anything else.

Is that all? Oh my goodness that's it! Wow, you really have no life AJ! Winnie the Pooh was 45.4% right!

"You know what? I'm a really really boring person so how about you tell me about yourself?" I asked him instead.

"You're not boring. You're anything but boring. You're one of the most coolest person I've ever met." Eli said in all seriousness. I blushed for the second time in that hour.

"I'm glad you think so. Not many people would say that about me." I awkwardly looked around.

"Well, t..they don't have the pleasure of knowing you." He said softly. I felt my heart melting. Like someone took it out of my chest and put it on a hot grill.

All of a sudden, I became very curious. What did he think about my cupcakes? More importantly, what did he think about the letters? Did he like them?

"So, anything interesting happened lately? Anything new?" I twirled my fork against the plate, not knowing how else to ask him about the special gifts I sent him.

"Actually yeah," realization filled his eyes. There was a sparkle in them. My smile widened as I leaned in in anticipation.

"I received something yesterday and it made me happy," he looked down obviously thinking about it. "It made my day."

"Oh, must have been something special?" I questioned.

"I guess you could day that," he had a faraway look and explained no further.

"Um, sorry. My mind wandered....."

"It's okay. I'm glad you were happy." I brushed it off. All the while, I was having trouble controlling the smile that was forcing itself out.