Chapter 26

Hey there readers. Here's a new chapter. I hope you enjoy and share your thoughts on this one.

Have a great day ahead. And God bless all of you.

Stay safe.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Rylen's POV

Christmas break started not long after. I was still pondering on when I should actually visit the feisty nerd. It has been more than a week since I last saw her. More than a month after Cora's death.

After I was done with my training, I decided that I should just take a drive to her hometown. If she acts all bossy and angry, I could always tell that I came to visit Jaxon. That would be a good excuse.

Or the only excuse.

With that thought in mind I rode my bike back to the house, took a warm shower and fell asleep. But not before checking all the locks, the windows and the hidden security cameras and rechecking them for safety measures.

It was a habbit which wasn't going to die anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I woke up thinking about AJ. I dreamt about her too. I hated the image of her which invaded my mind because she looked sad. Her eyes were doleful and empty.

Not wanting to waste anymore time so far away from her, I quickly did my morning routine, locked my room, grabbed a bottle of water, left a note for the boys and left the house.

All in 20 minutes.

Before I left the town, I stopped by at the bakery that belonged to an elderly couple. The second I walked in, it felt weird not seeing her here.

She always welcomed me with her calculating gaze and her signature frown. She despised me every time I stepped foot in the bakery. My existence always seemed to infuriate her for some reason. She would glare at me whenever she thought I wasn't looking. She stuck her tongue out more than once. Maybe she even tried to hit me. AJ simply reminded me of an angry elf. Though I would never underestimate the particular elf.

It was funny how that same person was capable of creating delicious, mouthwatering cupcakes that blew your taste buds away. 

I couldn't believe how much I actually miss her.

I thought it would be nice to buy her a box of cupcakes. That might lighten up her mood. Willow told me she loves food so I thought this would be the perfect treat.

"Good morning dear, how can I help you?" I looked up at the elderly woman. She wasn't looking at me though. She was busy writing something on her note book. Once she was done she looked up and her eyes widened for a split second. I thought nothing of it because I was in a hurry. I wanted to leave as soon as possible.

"I'll take the set of six cupcakes. One from each flavour that's on the first and second row." I quickly said.

"I've seen you here before."

"Yeah I dropped by a couple of times. Listen, I really need to be somewhere right now so-"

"You're AJ's friend." She stated. I nodded wordlessly.

"Are these for her?"

"Yes."

"How is she?"