Chapter 12

Hellooooooooo. Hope all of you are doing well. Here's a new chapter!!

Enjoy and lemme know your thoughts.

God bless you guys and have a great day ahead. Lots of love!!!

################################
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Eli's POV

Rylen's bag and mine were almost the same. They were both dark brown. On top of that, we sit next to each other during lectures. So, I'm guessing this girl accidentally sends me cupcakes instead of sending it to Rylen.

I would like to believe they were all for me but the fact was undeniable. Moreover, I can't eat cupcakes or any cake for instance. I'm allergic to anything dairy. So yeah, they're so not for me.

Rylen was quick to stand close to me. He stared at the silver box like a how a child would stare at cotton candy.

"Hand it over. Now." He commanded. That was how he normally spoke.

"What's with the paper balls today Ry?! They were annoying and a bit painful might I add!" I scolded him.

"It was either paper ball's from me or small stones wrapped in paper from Eric. You pick. I prevented a lot of pain dimwit! Now give it to me!"

I sighed and handed the box to Rylen. He did save me from Eric after all.

The second he had the box in his hands he opened it.

I could smell the thick aroma of rich chocolate that wafted in the air. How could something smell delicious? I pouted at the mouthwatering delicacy in Rylen's hands.

"I would share this with you but then again....."

"Just shut up." Rylen laughed and put the box inside his bag.

"Why don't you ever eat it right away?" I asked him. He always waited until we left campus. I didn't know about the rest of the world but when I get dessert or candy, I eat them then and there. I never wait.

"Well, because I usually crave for sweet stuff late at night so I save these for later." He quickly answered and shrugged. His tone was off but I didn't think much of it.

I said goodbye and left campus, feeling bad about not getting to spend time with the coolest girl in our university.

~~~~~~~~~

AJ's POV

I just couldn't do it. When the day came for me to actually give Eli the most meaningful cupcake ever, I just couldn't. I chickened out when the time came.

Weakling.

I know I should have just admitted my feelings for him, I should've tried, I should've at least gave it to him and then ran away. At least he would have known the truth.

Instead of owning it, I cowardly placed the silver box in his bag.

Again.

So that brings me to where I am now. Resting my head on Cora's lap while she played with my hair and tried everything in her power to console me.

Nothing was working. Dissapointment was eating my guts. Why was I such a failure? Why couldn't I do it? Why was I feeling like this? I was the type of girl who could simply glare at a person to make them rethink their entire purpose of existence. But here I am, wallowing in self pity.