Chapter 22 (Part 2)

Helllooooooooooo readers. Hope all of you are having a great time. Anyways, here's a new chapter. Hope you enjoy and lemme know your thoughts.

How's the situation in your place? With the pandemic and all?

Have a blessed day ahead and God bless you all.

🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁

Cora's POV

"Of course. Come on, it's that way." Noah led me to the beach. Soon the hard road was replaced by soft sand. I took my slippers in my hand before digging my feet into the sand. Then I playfully kicked some of it towards Noah.

"Ha. Ha." He said with no emotion. I giggled at his playful grin before walking along the seashore.

"So glad we came out here." I mumbled as I looked towards the waves. It was already around seven in the evening. The reddish orange Sun was setting majestically on the horizon. It casted a beautiful glow on the sea water. I sighed in content before turning towards Noah.

"Me too. It's been a hectic semester." Noah said carefully. I knew he didn't want either of us to talk about our campus life.

"Are you alright?" He suddenly asked after a long stretch of silence.

"You know I really wish you wouldn't ask me like that. With that pitiful tone." I couldn't help but snap at him. Taking a deep breath, I controlled myself. "I'm sorry. You're being concerned and I'm-"

"You're irritated and tired of people asking you that. That's understandable but I just asked because you didn't look so good in the elevator."

"My mind was full that's all," I whispered to him as I walked closer to the waters. "I'm much better now trust me."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Maybe...."

"Yes or no Cora?"

"Only because you bought me food." I said half-heartedly which made him chuckle.

"How are you sleeping now? Do you still take the....you know?"

"I've stopped taking the pills for now but it's too soon. I still have trouble sleeping." I admitted. "Who knows maybe things will get better soon. I already feel lighter today. Maybe this weekend will really help me." I wish it would. I really did.

"You know what? You're right. You just need to get your mind off things." He said in all seriousness. "You also have to believe that you're not alone. We're always going to be with you. All three of us. When we get back, we're going to make sure no one hurts you." He gently held my shoulder.

"There is it. I feel just like a helpless child again." I muttered and turned away from him.

"What's wrong with us protecting you?" He demanded.

"It's not wrong. But it's not right either. You guys shouldn't have to do that. Why should anyone protect anybody in a fucking university?!" I rubbed the side of my head and looked towards the ocean.

"I don't know. You're right but I guess people need protection wherever they are these days. I might need someone to have my back later on. Who knows?" Noah shrugged with his head down. Great, I hurt his feelings.

I gently took his hand in mine and we continued our stroll.

"How about we don't talk about campus related stuff and just enjoy the weekend? I'm sure I'll figure everything out when we get back." I managed a small smile. He silently looked at me for a long time before giving me a nod.