Rivals to Friends -Kagami x Reader

Requested by AlexHart692

Hi! Can I request a Kagami x reader? Where they're rivals, but after Y/n helps Kagami out with something important Kagami starts to realise that maybe Y/n isn't as bad as she thought and then they go together for ice cream? Please and thank you! :3 Love your writing btw

This is going to be written from your point of view (POV). I hope you enjoy it!

Warnings: None

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. As you were collecting your stuff you noticed Kagami quickly swinging her bag over her shoulder and walking out. You noticed something fall from it and went to take a look only to notice it was a rose.

"Huh?" You walked out trying to spot her amongst all the students roaming around the school. You noticed a blue-headed person thinking it was Kagami and ran to it. "Kagami!" The girl spun around but then you saw it was a girl you didn't know with pigtails.

"Oh sorry, I thought you were someone else." You were about to go look for her but the girl quickly caught your arm. "Hey if you're looking for Kagami, I saw her walking out just a few moments ago." She pointed behind her at the exit.

"Oh thank you!" You then took off running towards the exit and saw her getting in the car. "Hey, Kagami! You forgot something!" You saw her huffing and went into the car and drove away.

Is she... is she seriously still mad at me for accidentally dropping my food on her in the cafeteria a week ago?! You thought huffing. Yes, that day you were in a bad mood and cursed her for being blind and bumping into you but you were just like that because you fought with your friends. And plus, you were the person who bumped into her.

After that, you went home grumbling under your breath in annoyance about Kagami being aloof and curt towards you.

The next day you got ready to head to school and before you left your apartment, Kagami's rose from yesterday caught your attention. It was laid down on the kitchen counter and you considered attempting to give it back to her today.

As you entered your classroom, you noticed her sitting in her usual seat at the front and tried to greet her. "Hey Kaga-" You were caught off guard by her death glare and looked down and went to your seat in the back of the classroom.

The whole day she was either giving you a death glare or ignored you and you were slowly starting to be fed up with her attitude with you but you understood why she would be mad. You would be too if it was the other way around but it wasn't so you had to think of a way to give her back the flower and apologize for being rude to her.

After school, you noticed her about to leave the classroom but you blocked her way out. Thank god we're the last ones in the class. You thought. She glared at you "Move." You shook your head and took out the rose and extended your hand towards her.

"Here, you dropped this, thought of returning it." She snatched it from your hands and looked at it, "Where did you find this?" She seemed mad but I tried to talk normally and not make her madder. "It fell from your bag and I saw it on the ground and when I wanted to give it back you ignored me." You shrugged.

She huffed and pushed you out of the way and kept walking to the stairs to leave. You frowned and remembered you haven't apologized for the cafeteria incident. "I'm sorry!" You exclaimed and hanged your head low. "I didn't mean to be rude to you that day when I accidentally bumped into you. I was just having a bad day." You frowned and looked up at her. She huffed and continued walking away leaving you standing there with guilt eating you up.

The next day, it was gym class and all the girls were in the girl's locker rooms changing and to your luck, Kagami's locker was right beside yours and she was ignoring you like the plague.

You were about to leave the locker rooms but got stopped with a tap on your shoulder. You turned around only to notice Kagami holding something in her hand. "Here, you dropped this." She gave it to you and that's when you noticed it was your keychain that you put on your bag.

"O-Oh! Thank you." You took it slowly from her hand as to not make her get mad at you and was going to go put it back in your bag in your locker but then you heard this, "I forgive you, and I apologize too." Your eyes widened and you looked back at her and hugged her.

She stiffened but awkwardly hugged back. You broke the hug and lent her your hand. "Friends?" She took it and smiled softly.

"(Y/n)! Kagami!" Your gym teacher exclaimed and you guys headed out the locker rooms.

♡~~~~♡~~~~♡