How could you? | imagine

You and the rest of the Gryffindors decide to have a laid back party in the common room tonight. You and Hermione are roommates and you both wanted to attend. It's around 8pm and the common room begins to be surrounded with students.
Ron and Harry are also going to be there, which made you feel less anxious since they have been your friends since your first year at Hogwarts. You heart starts to race as the party becomes more lively. Music in the background, snacks and drinks everywhere. No one was really dancing, but people were making out here and there. People were just sitting and talking with drinks in hand. The noise level in the room was to your liking.
"Hey let's play a game". Dean Thomas says as you, Hermione, Ron, and Harry gather around the lengthy carpet by the fireplace, along with other typical Gryffindors in the house. The game was truth or dare...with a twist. You didn't like this at all.
Other people from different houses started showing up which made you feel on edge and even more anxious than you needed at the moment.
Three boys join the circle. Three Slytherin boys. Uh oh.....
Ravenclaws and Hufflepuff students heard about the party apparently, thanks to Fred and George for having big mouths lol. Your heart skips a beat as Draco, Blaise and another Slytherin boy sit beside you into the already formed circle. At least 25 people were playing at this point. All you wanted to do was leave but Hermione puts her hand on your leg with a reassuring look in her eyes. You nod and let the game continue.
A random Gryffindor begins the game."Alright Dean, who do you think the prettiest girl in Gryffindor is? And be honest"! The boy said out loud for everyone to hear.
"I would say...Hermione." Dean said slowly as Hermione smiled then soon rolled her eyes because she didn't feel the same way. Ron clearly didn't like Dean's answer. After about 20 minutes of playing, Draco Malfoy is next in the game.
"Draco, who do you think is the most annoying girl at Hogwarts". What a stupid ass fucking question...
The room fell silence from the growing awkwardness.
"Y/N....yeah...she's insufferable and no guy at this school would even want her. She's a half blood and isn't worth my time..she's a loner and is pathetic as fuck".... your eyes widen and your heart drops. Tears begin to form in your eyes and your hands begin to shake. Besides being hurt. You felt anger growing in your body..HOW COULD HE?
And with that...you stood up completely speechless and ran for your dorm room. The rest of the people playing the game glared at Draco and were mad at him for taking things too far...he truly embarrassed you that you never have felt this genuinely angry before.
You make it to your room slamming the door causing an echo in the hallway form the impact. You run straight to your bed and lay facedown onto your pillow, crying intensely into it. You sobbed so loud that it was starting to hurt your throat..you start getting a headache from the all the crying and screaming. You slowly sit up sniffling, staring into space. You hear a knock on your door, not knowing if it was Hermione or your other roommates.
"Yes?" You answer in a raspy tone of voice.
"Y/N, can I please come in and talk?".
You whip your head up so quickly, "No go away you asshole". You raise your voice again, hurting your throat even more.
"Please...we need to talk"...Draco says in a tone that was serious...you gave in and let him into your room
"Y/N, I'm really sorry about what happened back there. I was wrong and I let my bad emotions get the best of me. I was trying to impress the other Slytherin's that came with me. You see, my father doesn't like half-bloods or anyone that isn't pure blood. Since you are half blood, I let my fathers opinions get the best of me too. I really really like you. I went about this all wrong and ended up hurting someone I love tonight. And for that, I'm really sorry"..Draco lowers his head to the floor after the sincere eye contact he shared with you.
"Draco....what?" All you could process was the fact that he said he loved you.
"But why? How could you say what you did in front of all those people?" Was all you could muster into your conversation.
"I am owning up to my mistakes and this one was wrong. Ever since I saw you first year, you made me feel something I never have felt before. My fathers hate truly consumed me...your positivity and care for others is something I have never seen" Draco spills out all this emotion which surprised you so much.
"I was being mean because I never thought I'd be lucky enough to have someone like you feel the same way that I do"..Draco's explanation made sense to you now.
"I appreciate your honesty Draco" you answer .
"I always thought you were so cute, but your overall attitude scared me...I feel like I'm not enough for anyone"...you start to cry again.
All of the sudden Draco grabs your face and kisses you on the lips. His lips were so soft and tasted like mint. Your vanilla chapstick mixed with his creating a kiss you never want to forget. Draco wraps his hands around your waist and pulls you forward again. You then allow him to hover over you, with your body below his. He kept kissing you while you kissed back. Your heart was racing but in a good way.
"If it takes the rest of my life to prove to you how much I love you, then so be it". Draco says against your lips. Your arms are snaked around his neck, resting on his shoulders.
"Then prove it" you say as Draco pecks your lips.
"I love you too Draco". You both giggle to each other.
Draco helps you up from your bed and you both make your way back to the party both holding hands.
You both are in eyesight of the rest of the people in the common room..getting nothing but confused looks and Hermione saying "I KNEW HE WOULD COME AROUND"...you laugh at her comment while Draco looks at you from next to you.
You both rejoin the game and party leaving everyone with so many unanswered questions.

Thanks for reading !!