Sneaking Out Gone Wrong..or Maybe not?

The battle of Hogwarts is nearing. The dark lord could be anywhere. Professors gathered all the students in the great hall to be safe. All the students are to sleep in sleeping bags in the great hall so that all of us are accounted for. Most of the students are scared and confused. No one is allowed to wander the halls at night without an escort.

You couldn't fall asleep with all these people around you. You knew this was for safety reasons but your mind just continued to wander. You were really bored so you pretended you had to use the bathroom. "Professor, I need to use the bathroom, can I please go?" You ask Snape with much urgency.
"Yes YLN, but you must not go alone". You skimmed the room to see who you could take with you. You asked a boy you knew in your house, and he agreed to. You and the boy make your way out of the great hall to use the bathroom.
"Are you okay YN", asks the boy.
"Yeah, I didn't really need to go, I couldn't sleep".
"Haha, me either tbh" the boy responds and chuckles. You loved the castle at night. Just something about the paintings and the walls in contrast with the moonlight.
You both hear some voices around the corner from the hall. You and the boy escorting you both look at each other with confusion.
"Well..well..."... you hear and see a blond boy slowly walk toward you both with his two friends by his side.
Yes, it was Draco Malfoy...the Slytherin asshole who's never nice to you. He's very handsome, but his entitled attitude seemed to outweigh his very few good qualities
"What are you two doing at this time of night?" Malfoy speaks up with confidence in his voice.
"Why do you care?". You snap back trying to match his level of confidence.
"I didn't know you have a boyfriend y/n". Draco began to smile evilly.
"I had to use the bathroom, and no me and (the boys name) are not "dating". Leave us alone"! You try to walk past Draco and his two friends.
The hallway becomes dark as the only light source in the hall is suddenly cut off. It turns cold, depressing, you start to feel...sad.
Something wasn't right. You looked at Draco and his friends with fear as you are not sure what is happening.
"What are you doing" you slowly say to Draco with a hushed tone.
"Nothing"...Draco's fear is now matched with yours.
"Dementors"...you hear from Draco's lips.
"Wait what"? You say, not being able to hear him clearly.
"Run, now"! Draco grabs you as the rest of you run down the hall, to find a space to hide in.
You feel hands grab you into a classroom that is very dark and the door shuts behind you and another figure beside you.
The boy who escorted you must have hid with who was Crabbe and Goyle into another room.
"What is going on"? You choke out to the figure next to you who turns out to be Draco. You see him signal to be quite with his finger against his lips.
You hear a noise you were not familiar with coming from outside the locked door. Draco instantly covers your mouth with his hand to stop you from screaming. This took you by surprise since Draco is usually very mean to you.
The noise goes away but you are too afraid to leave the room right now. Draco breaths heavily because of the vicious dementors that were just outside the door. You have heard about dementors and the fact that they are to guard the castle...you never thought they would actually get inside...you stand there in awkward silence not knowing how to process what just happened.
"Are you okay?" Draco finally speaks.
"Yeah" you say between very deep breaths.
"Sorry I grabbed you so hard, those dementors were "around the corner.." Draco says as he looks you in the eye. He never gives you the time of day. You liked that he grabbed you. Did this mean he cared? Was he protecting you? It was almost..kinda..cute!
"Why did you warn us? Me and the boys escorting me?" I thought you hated us?"you stand up from the floor.
"I guess I was scared, and didn't want something to happen to us.." you were taken aback from what Draco had just said. He was...scared?
"I didn't want to see you..I mean I didn't want to get hurt"...Draco corrects himself while clearing his throat..you melted at his words.
"Thank you...for saving me I guess"..you finally speak up again.
"Umm it wasn't about you yln..Don't get any ideas". Draco's eyebrows curve together..
"I mean it...You warned us and took me here to hide". You step closer to Draco.
A smile begins to appear and Draco's face which was not common to occur around you.
"You didn't want something to happen to me" you state as repeated from what Draco said before...failing to correct himself.
"Listen yln, as much as I am mean to you, truth is...I do care for you..I love you...very much"..Draco's confession leaves you speechless.
"Please say something"..Draco says after a few moments of silence. The both of you are still in the classroom that Draco unlocked before.
This side of Draco was something you never have seen. He was vulnerable. He admitted to feeling love, toward you no less. You didn't know how to respond or how to feel about this new information.
"Draco, I like you too. More than a friend. I always have...but you are constantly mean to me and my friends..." your eyes meet a wall behind Draco, trying to avoid is grey eyes. Draco takes two strides toward you, cupping your cheeks with a very cute smile on his face..
"Y/n, I couldn't let anything happen to you. Dementors are very dangerous creatures. Besides, I am sorry for everything. I truly mean it. I don't want to deny these feelings I have for you"..
Before you could say anything, Draco presses his warm, soft lips against yours. You didn't even waist time to kiss him back. He grabs your waist as you grab him tighter into your body.
You both pull apart smiling at each other.
You hear another person outside the door. It was Filch. The door opens with the man standing at the doorway.
"Are you alright ?" He says out of breath
"Nasty dementors got into the castle" he says again.
"We are fine" you respond to the raggedy man.
You Draco, and the rest of the boys walk back swiftly to the great hall with Filch to go back to bed. Snape, and the other professors were talking about the seriousness of dementors actually getting into the castle after having those dark creatures being sent off. You didn't realize that you had walked back into the great hall with Draco's hand in yours. You let go as you go back to where you were sleeping before..
Draco looks at you with the sweetest smile as you go back to your sleeping bag. Your stomach is filled with butterflies and your mind races, repeating the events that had just happened in the dark classroom.
You turn over and see Draco from across the room again..
"I love you" you see Draco mouth with his lips"
You respond with "you too". Your eyes get heavy and you fall asleep under the stars of the magic ceiling above you.

Thanks for reading
Suggestions are welcome !