Fake love

You couldn't sleep and decided to go to the astronomy tower to look at the stars and get some fresh air. Your boyfriend has been toxic lately, but you tried to convince yourself it was your fault. You cared about him so much. He was a random boy in Gryffindor you met at a party. You've been dating a little less than a year, and you aren't happy anymore. " I have to break up with him, and I can't keep doing this," you thought to yourself. You headed back to your dorms and went back to sleep. You wake up the following day wanting to find your boyfriend to talk to. You were hungry, so you figured you'd run into him in the Great Hall. You saw him just around the corner and decided to talk with him. "What do you want ?" he said to you. " I think we need to talk." You pull him aside, very nervous. " look, I think we need to—" all of a sudden, your boyfriend slams you into the wall and gets in your face. "Listen, you stupid bitch; you aren't going to dump me like I'm some loser; I never loved your average self anyway." Your eyes are now tearing up, hearing his hurtful words. He grabs your face with one hand, which is starting to hurt. "Stop you are hurting me." "I wish I never dated you, you never were good in bed, and no one even likes you. You wasted my fucking time"...your now ex walks away, and you slowly slide to the floor. No one was in the hallway to see this, which made you even more upset. You bring your hands to your face and sob loudly. You were just done with your ex treating you this way, so in a way, this was almost a weight being lifted off your shoulders.
You feel a presence in front of you. "Umm, are you okay?". You look up and see Draco Malfoy. "What do you want, Draco?" You snarl at him. "I see how your boyfriend treated you. Is everything okay ". "No, Draco, it's not...now will you just leave me alone?". Draco grabs your wrists and pulls you into the most genuine hug you ever had. At first, you wanted to pull away from him, but you felt safe in his embrace. You hug back and start crying again into Draco's chest. You have known Draco for years but never established a friendship at all. Draco runs his hands down your hair, then to your back, trying to soothe you as you cry.
"I'm so sorry," Draco says quietly as he rocks you slowly. This is the safest you have felt in so long. "Y/N," everything will be okay. What happened ?". Draco pulls away from the hug to look you in the eyes. "My ex put his hands on me....and said I was average and a dumb bbbitch". You tried to choke out the words. "That's so terrible, and I'll kill him." This sudden protective behavior from Draco made you giggle a bit. Draco takes your hand. "Let's go get some food before class?". Draco smiles at you. "Thank you, Draco. I'm starving, so of course, I'll join you". You squeeze his hand as a gesture of saying your gratitude, and you both walk into the Great Hall to eat. "I'll never let anything happen to you, okay?" Draco says in your ear before you sit down. Who knows? This could be the start of something new. And with time and healing, you were just glad Draco was there for you at such a vulnerable moment.

Thanks for reading:)