Chapter 11: Before the Worst

Now we're back to the present. And Hollie's real journey will soon start...

Hollie

It's hard to believe that I can focus on doing one thing.

Contrary to the fact that I can't concentrate on a single thing or activity I'm at (even when I watch my favourite show, I cannot stop my mind from slipping away or my eyes going astray), yesterday went differently. I concentrated on doing one thing and it was golden.

Harry's face was golden.

You may think that I'm being the cold-hearted one here. But you don't know what I've been through. Well, I'm telling you my story but, really people, you don't know what it's like.

With a pointed look, I tried my hardest to walk pass him that I forgot telling Zayn about his grandmother.

And when Harry called my name, damn that deep husky voice of his that sends tingling sensations all over my body that I almost cursed myself for feeling a little euphoric. The world stopped. Honestly, I thought I was going to collapse or worse I could've stayed looking at those green eyes for the rest of the day.

I'm proud to say that I didn't.

I looked away and left him staring at me with surprise plastered on his face.

I guess he didn't saw that coming.

During highschool, we all know I've always been alone. Thanks to Zenny I made it through the hellhole, Brookdale Academy.

I was used to it. But then this amazing, annoying at the best of times and a total nutcase guy talked to me.

You know when I talk to him- Oh no, it's more of him talking to me than me talking to him- yeah, well... I felt a connection. Inexplicably, I wanted to see him, just see him and I'm happy.

But I was wrong.

Days passed, I became unsatisfied by just seeing him from a distance. I wanted him to talk to me. But he stopped from being the sociable creep that he is. The worst was that when he did so, I was starting to consider him as a friend. Too bad.

A month has passed without any other unwarned and unwanted reunion with those blokes, and I was still waiting for a call from any of the companies I applied to. I got fired, remember?

I'm back in my apartment. Only starting to sleep as the sun rises.

It's really weird of me to unexplainably feel so drained out of strength at mornings and feel so wide awake at night. I don't recall participating at any exhausting activity during the hours when I should be slumbering peacefully that could alter my sleeping schedule.

I look at the half-empty bottle of sleeping draught on the night table and rolled my eyes. My eyes hurt so much; I fear they might fall off.

Am I a werewolf? A nocturnal creature? A cockroach maybe? What am I really?

Or I am in actual fact just insomniac.

When did this start? Since forever.

"Go away!" I shouted at the bloody ghosts knocking on the door. You can say that they're trying to blast the poor door off its hinges with the way they - and I quote- "knock" on it.

Wait- Can ghosts do that?

Never mind!

I was seeing glimpses of an unfamiliar face of a beautiful woman in my dream when I was woken back to reality.