Chapter 36: Fair Farewell

Hollie

Mrs. Malik became frantic about us, meaning Eirylle and me, still staying at their house. It was quite a good timing. At least it would be a lot easier for me to leave their place without the trouble of having Zayn, Eirylle and the boys ruling me out from leaving.

"These godforsaken buses aren't coming huh!" Eirylle gives the lamppost a kick and it helplessly wriggles, producing a weird sound.

"Don't blame the lamppost." I glumly say to her fuming state.

"Is it weird if I say that Zayn's mum seems to have gone a bit loopy? I mean, I thought she liked us being there?" These were Eirylle's complaints as we wait for a bus to ride... well, I can't even call Bliss my home seeing as I never really lived there. "And now I'll be back there, stuck in that ridiculous hotel with my petty sister and gold digger of a mother!"

Her words didn't really affect me. I was not paying attention at all. Because I felt numb. Who wouldn't be? After all I've gone through. Not to mention learning about two unjustified deaths of a man and a woman, then realizing that they were my parents'.

Remembering may be the worst feeling of all.

"So what's the plan?" Eirylle throws this question making me look at her.

A sigh escapes my lips. I don't have any plans other than get away from here, or from wherever they are. I just want to take a rest.

I'm tired... so jackshit tired that I wanted to curl up in a fetal position and sleep, without really caring if this pavement where we're standing is cold enough to freeze my feeble body to death.

As the breeze's temperature drops lower by the minute, our hopes in waiting for a bus to rescue us from the brutal cold diminishes.

"It's getting colder. Maybe we should just stay overnight at... an apartment?"

Even nodding was exhausting enough that I just hum a yes to Eirylle.

Good luck if ever we find a building that has room rentals or anything. We are at the center of the outskirts of the city, I don't think we will be lucky enough to find an inn let alone an apartment.

Please dear weather, don't make me regret leaving Zayn's house.

~

Fortunately, luck took our side. We found an inn just a few meters away from where we came from.

As I settle myself on a bunk bed, tossing around until I'm comfortable with my position, I hear Eirylle approach me.

"Hollie?"

I hum to acknowledge her.

"D'you really wanna go back to that place?"

I remained silent.

To be honest, no. I don't want to. It may be weird, but I have this urge to go somewhere else. I just don't want Eirylle to insist that we stay with the boys. I've been thinking maybe I started with the wrong foot. Maybe there's still a chance for me to live a normal life.

"I won't hate you if your answer is yes. I just want you to tell me how you feel. You've been distant from me. You never talked to me like always."

Cracks all over my heart further progressed until it finally burst into pieces. How I wish crying would take the pain away, but no. It only add up to the constant headache I suffer with.

I made no effort to reply to Eirylle. I don't know why I can't tell her. It might be because it will only refresh the memory and also the absolute terror I felt during the time I was thrown back into that time.