Chapter 25: Hideout

Finally, I found some of the lost chapters. So here's the rewritten and better version of Chapter 25: Hideout

Harry

I tied my hair in a bun whilst I run around, looking for her. She wasn’t in her room so, apparently, she’s outside the courtyard.

My feet brought me to the secluded area where Amber and I play a lot. From where I stand, I can see the barely discernable garden gate which led, by a short gravel walk, to a meadow.

This is too far from our manor. I don’t think Hollie would go here without anyone with her.

One by one, I see the lanterns fly up to the night sky. It is said that the town people do this as an annual celebration of the birth of the last Greenberg descendant, although she was never found. That is when I hear a movement from the meadow.

I walk the short path to the meadow and I finally found the person I am so stoked to see.

“It’s that day of the year again.” I said as I watch Hollie watch the sky in wonder. She does not seem to be surprised by my sudden arrival. Does she know that I was looking for her?

“I always asked Zenny what they are for, but in vain.” Hollie mutters more to herself, her eyes not leaving the now lantern-strewn sky.

Though I want to ask her who Zenny is, I did not dare disturb her. I am satisfied to see her from afar. But the thought that this could be the last rencontre that I’ll have with her is such a powerful goad for me to touch her. To make her look at me.

Fuck, I’m whipped.

“Don’t let your mother drink any liquor, Harry.” She faces me. This time I get a better look at her.

Why does she have to look so damn gorgeous on this very evening? Her vivacity was glowing brighter than the lanterns in the sky. Like the Moon 2hen it's full. Moreover, why is she smiling at me? And happily too.

“Wait. What?”

“You don’t know, do you?” Hollie walks up to me and I can’t stop my feet from taking a few steps back as she does so. “What’s wrong with you?”

“N-Nothing.” Damn it! She’s too close. “What were you saying about my mother?”

“Oh. Well, I don’t know if you’ll believe-”

“Just get on with it.” I hate it! She still thinks I don’t trust her. When I look at her again, tears start to brim around her blue eyes. “Wha-What did I do?”

“I’m just happy.” She tearfully smiled at me. “I’m so happy, Harry.”

“Then why are you crying if you’re happy?” This girl just doesn’t make sense to me at all, but that’s one of the multitudinous reasons why I- I don’t know what this is.  What I’m feeling right now is far from taking any certain form, really.

“I’m sorry. I just- I’m confused. I thought you’ll never trust me. And then there’s this thing about your mother- I... I wanted to tell your mother that she’s having a baby because she doesn’t seem to be aware of it. I’m worried about her. She’s so nice Harry.”

Speechless. I was speechless.

“My-My mother’s ha-having a baby? She-She’s having a baby?”

Hollie nods vigorously whilst I just stare at the wide greenery that is our garden.

“How did you know?”

“It is not only death that I see” was her reply.

I’m caught up between going to my mother and staying with Hollie. If I do the former, it will cut the remaining time I have with Hollie.