Chapter 28: What If

Zayn

I'll find a way. I promise I will do anything for her.

This was what I told Harry before he left with his family.

It sickens me to see Hollie this way. She's acting really, and I mean really odd.

On the fortnight of Harry's absence, Louis found Hollie in the lake, swimming her way to the middle of it.

"Jesus! It's cold out here but she still went in. I tried to stop her, but she just kept on swimming as if she can't hear me calling her." Louis pants after hauling Hollie over to the side of the cold lake.

She's been quiet for weeks now. Not properly taking any meals and sometimes, more often than not, I see her walking around the foyer, looking at Mrs. Styles' huge mirror.

"I suggest we go back to Bliss. Maybe she'll feel better." Eirylle, who's eyes are puffy and red from too much crying, said to the room.

"But you can't take care of her on your own." Niall opposes.

We're here at our house thinking that it would somehow help Hollie. But she's still the same.

I didn't want to agree with Eirylle but of course, Hollie's happiness and health is my priority.

"Shall I have the jet ready?" George suggests.

"Not you too, George!" Niall says angrily.

"I was only suggesting. I mean look at the state of Hollie."

"We're all not sure what is good for her. But Eirylle can't do this alone."

"He's right." Louis suddenly speaks after being quiet for some time.

I didn't join their conversation about Hollie and left the room.

Without really thinking of where I'm headed to, I accidentally bump into London.

"My apologies, sir." She bows.

Not really minding, I resume walking but was stopped when London said, "Sir, I need to talk to you about something."

"Not now. I'm kind of..." What? What am I kind of? Kind of not really interested in what you have to say, maybe?

"My brother wishes to see Hollie."

At this, I stop from dawdling around and turn my attention to her.

"What for?"

"Since..." She clears her throat, seemingly uncomfortable with what she's about to say. "... you know of Ms. Hollie's ability to see and talk to the... to the dead, I guess talking about my brother won't be that hard." London said, her voice lowering at every word.

I let her talk, dare not say a word and only gave a nod for her to continue.

"The main reason why I started to work here was because of my brother."

"What's that got to do with Hollie?" My eyes automatically glance around if someone else is with us. "You know that talking about these things shouldn't be said out loud. Let's talk somewhere private." I say in a low voice that only the two of us can hear.

We entered the empty trophy room which has the largest photo of the Malik family. I take a seat and ask London to do the same.

"Well?" I mutter, telling her to get on with whatever it is she wants to say.

"Y-You see, three years ago, my brother found... this ghost." Her eyes wandered away from mine as she said the last two words.

My brows united in confusion. As if she reads minds, she said, "He can see what Hollie can see."