Chapter 30: A Love, Unrequited

A/N: This is still a flashback before the part when Zayn meets James.

Have a great time reading! x

Hollie

It's no mystery who was the baby that Agatha gave birth to.

I back away, the sensation of falling down an unfathomable pit is maddening me.

The memory, along with my capability to breathe, fades into darkness until it was pitch black again.

"Hollie! Hey, Hollie! Water. Get me a glass of water, please!"

I gasp for air and gag, retching out the contents of my stomach.

"M-Mother." I murmured, my tears blurring my already bleary vision.

"She was just standing there, and then suddenly she was screaming things. And now she's vomiting."

Two panicky voices, footsteps and a kerfuffle of noises fill my background as I fought against my eyelids which are trying to slide close.

"Make haste, Liam!" Eirylle's voice echoes on the hall.

"Here, here."

Before I could take the almost invisible glass from Eirylle's almost invisible clutches, I pass out.

~

After three days.

I was awake for an hour, but my body is protesting against my will to get up and do something... to stop my mind from retracing what I saw.

"Come on! She has to know!"

"You're all acting like idiots!"

I push myself up to a sitting position as one, two, three and four people burst inside in a violent way, I thought I heard the door's hinges crack.

"Liam! Li-"

"It's Harry. He's getting married."

It took long before the sentence registered in my head.

"You are the shittiest shit of all! Why can't you at least wait until she's no longer in this state!" Niall's blonde hair was visible enough and he seem to loom out of nowhere.

What's wrong with my eyes?

Finally, my eyesight recovers and I can see their faces clearly.

The four of them -Eirylle, Louis, Liam and Niall- were looking at me, waiting for my reaction.

What should be my response to this piece of news anyway? Should I be happy? Should I jump like there's fire on my feet? Or should I go down the way my heart crashed to the ground?

With their facial expressions, why is it like they're expecting me to go berserk?

Why am I even feeling a sinking sensation inside of me? What is this? Have I gone lunatic?

"Hollie?" Someone calls out.

I hate this feeling. I wanna go back to sleep because there, I am in peace.

"You tell her Harry's getting married and she will space out on you."

"Shut your gob! Like you weren't astonished when we heard about it!"