Chapter 17: Amber's Request

Hollie

Last week, the guys moved to their private villa somewhere at the coast of Tatterdam, a seven-hour drive from Bliss but only half an hour by jet. The huge villa slash resort was atop a hill with the view of the beautiful Longmurnan City.

Eirylle and I were unwillingly dragged along, although I think I was the only one who's not pleased with the set up.

"But we have nowhere else to go!" Eirylle whined when I said we're not coming with the boys. We can just go back to Bliss and everything will be back to normal. Except that my conscience will eat me up if I did not return to Lenka and solve that woman's case.

I still shiver when I see her in my mind's eye.

Harry played a big role why I'm stock with them for the next- Well; to be honest I'm not sure for how long!

I don't sleep so well, I woke up early shivering to the sound of the chattering window. The wind here is too strong that someone diminutive like me can easily be blown away.

After brushing my teeth, I readily walk my way to Eirylle's room. The cast on my foot was –to my relief- removed yesterday. The reason why I had it was because I hurt my ankle after the midnight stroll with Harry the day that he, Eirylle and the others arrived. But it wasn't that serious, Mrs. Malik was just a little overprotective.

When I got in, Eirylle is nowhere to be found. "Where's that woman?"

I looked for her in the other rooms but all doors in the hall were locked.

I was about to head downstairs when I hear a tune coming from the end of the great hall. It was none of my business but he sounded pained as he (I say it's a boy singing because the voice was that of a guy's but gentler) sings.

Limping a little, I gingerly made my way back towards its direction. One door was left a bit ajar and I can hear the voice coming from inside.

I peek at the small gap between the doorframe and the door itself.

There, with his back facing the door, was Niall. The blonde hair and dark roots were enough proof that it is him.

"Could it be any harder... to live my life without you?

"Could it be any harder... to watch you go?

"I'm all alone, I'm all alone..."

He strums on his guitar with such grace and hunger for the music it produces. His song and its lyrics were so melancholic I feel like sitting beside him and cry.

I was already crying. Not really crying. A tear flows down my cheek. It wasn't because of Niall's heartbreaking song, but because my head was throbbing so damn bad.

Automatically, I look around to check for a lost spirit or anything.

"Like sand on my feet

The smell of sweet perfume

You stick to me forever, baby"

I can't find anything. I look at the corners of the room and there's nothing there. I withdrew my head back at the hall and check, but like inside the room, there's nothing there too.

"I wish you didn't go,

I wish you didn't go,

I wish you didn't go away

To touch you again

With life in your hands

It couldn't be any harder, harder, oh..."