Chapter 18: Red Dress

A/N: #HH

Ghosts are for real in this story, why not witches?

Hollie

Someone knocks at the door and I permit him to come inside.

"You ready?"

It was Niall. He pokes his head first before opening the door wide and coming in. He wears a slick black suit over a white shirt and a bow tie. His hair, which he dye a colour of walnut, was in a quiff.

Before I forgot to tell you, we're back at Chante Hotel.

"Done checking me out?" He teases cheekily.

"You look good, Horan." I said in all honesty to the sweetest guy I've ever met.

After the embarrassing meeting with him three days ago, I thought he'd never talk to me. That's why I'm very happy to be having this kind of conversation with him.

While I was not myself, it seems that Amber has done something after occupying my unwarned body. Niall was awkward around me and he only stopped being so when I confronted him.

He explained that I collapsed and he helped me up but then out of the blue, I kissed him on the cheek and Eirylle saw us.

It was not actually me; it was Amber while she was inside my body.

How the hell am I supposed to properly explain that to him without the risk of him thinking that I'm out of my mind?

Fortunately, Niall neither asked why I did it nor was he curious to whom I was talking to when we are at that room where an ancient violin in a glass case can be found.

He only shrugged his shoulder and said, "I know you don't like me that way."

The guys –including Georgie- were all eyeing me as if I've done something awkward like running down the halls naked. But in my clearer memory, I don't remember embarrassing myself like that.

I woke up fully clothed and with a painful headache.

Amber assured me that someone will help me help her, but who could it be?

"Credits to my assistant!" Niall's voice pulled me back on Earth. "Allan will be here in a few. You should get dressed." He said and puts his hands in his pockets.

"About that," I say with a sheepish look. "Eirylle's taking longer than I expected."

"George is with him, right?" Niall asked but I wasn't able to give him my answer.

"Already done!" George emerges from the dressing room, and close behind him was...

"E-Eirylle?" Niall's jaw literally dropped.

Oh, this is funny! Niall! The one and only Niall Horan of a popular band is ogling at a commoner.

With Eirylle's makeover, I'd say she's not a commoner.

There by the door stood a lady clad in a simple black evening gown that looks like an endless flow of river that reaches her feet. Her blonde hair styled in a bun with her bangs curled away from her eyes. She wore white lace gloves to create the effect of old fashion –which is, by the way, the theme of the ball.

Harry told us that they're to attend Liana Penderghast's bachelorette party. He asked if I wanted to come (He asked! He didn't tell me to go and that is saying much! How gentlemanly of him, right?) and I said 'yes' at once.

Yesterday, we have everything planned out.

You might be thinking how I persuaded Harry and Eirylle to allow me to return to that place. Well, Harry was easy. I just told him that I'll be able to solve Amber's case with my own means; Eirylle is a different story. It includes Niall and I doing the puppy-eye look and a lot of begging.