Chapter Six - My mother , the evil genius.

This is him , Isn't it ?

But I don't get it . None of this made sense , not even one bit. How could he still be here ? As much as I really want to believe that this is the same boy I fell in love with 16years ago. I just can't. And eventhough a huge part of me just wants to follow my heart and conceal him in the comfort of my arms , the logical part of me thinks that if I do so , I might earn a painful hand print on the side of my face, for this certainly isn't Vic.

Sure , he looks exactly like the 18 year old Vic when I last saw him . Still young and tiny with his hair grew out a tad longer and his skin tone a shade lighter. And yes , they share the same voice , the same look in their eyes and everything. If I stare into his eyes long enough I'd almost believe that Vic had never left and that the person infront of me is infact him.

But it is impossible .

I saw his heart rate gone flat on the heart monitor . I saw him being whisked away on the bed with the cheap hospital blanket pulled over his head . They even held a funeral for him for christ sake. Sure , I didn't attend it because I was too heartbroken at the time but my mother did attend it and surely if he's -let's say , not actually deceased , I would be the first to be informed.

So I have come out with a simple explanation.

The boy sitting on the examination chair infront of my very eyes , is not Vic , but obviously a doppelgänger.

With that simple problem being clarrified out I pushed all thoughts of him, with a 0.05 percent out of a hundread of him being Vic, to the the back of my head and considered this matter done with and to never be brought out or thought about ever again. I have come to far out to go back to hiding in my shell, mourning my lost.

" Could you roll your pants up ? " I asked . I needed to see his fractured leg, not anything else.

" That's odd . " I look at his leg to the x-ray , and back to his leg. According to the x-ray , I was expecting something out of place and maybe even disfigured but looking at his actual leg now , it seems completely normal .

" Is something wrong doctor ? " The boy- I don't even know what his name was , questioned .

" No, actually, nothing seems wrong " I said , referring to his leg and maybe being a little sarcastic about this whole situation.

" I'm sorry what did you say you're name was ? " I asked . It's only formal that the doctor knows who his patient is and alright fine , maybe I am a little curious to what his name is.

" Oh I thought you knew " he said shyly, putting his hand over his cheek that was turning pinkish in colour .

" Hi Kellin , Yes , It's me . Vic " He stretched his hand out for me to shake.

The only thing I remembered happening next is feeling my back hit against something hard and that was it. Everything turned black.

*

" He's waking up ! " I heard a very excited voice speaking bouncing on top of me .

I opened my eyes , letting it adjust to the brightness of the room and when it finally did , the first thing I saw was " Vic's " face just a couple inches infront of mine. He was starring at me very intently with a huge grin over his face .

"Welcome back Kells ! " He cheered , clapping his hands softly .

Oh no, I thought I was dreaming.

I sat up properly making him fall onto my lap . I put my hands on his waist and lifted him so that he was no longer sitting on my lap but next to me.