Untitled Part 24

"One hour huh?" 

I where walking in the crowd towards the parking lot to get my jacket in Peaches's car when someone started to talk to me. I turned around to see Ace raise an eyebrow at me with a cold stare.

"We need to talk" Ace quickly spoke and grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the crowd and towards the back of the school. I realized we where now behind the building and that no one could see us. The nerve of this boy.

"Listen" He said and let out a heavy sight, which led me to look up to him "I don't know how to explain this but-".

"It's fine" I said interrupting him in a harsh tone, wanting to end the conversation quickly. At this Ace gave me a confused look and looked at me a a bit weirdly. 

"You're okay?" He asked as he said the words slowly and in a confused tone.

"Yes" I said nodding with my head, clearly this must been a huge deal for him. "You're talking about the room with the guns, right?" I asked, not so sure anymore if it was the guns that he were referring to "The little room inside that meeting room".

"Guns?" Ace asked and gave me a confused look before realization seemed to hit him. "Oh yeah, the guns" he said and nodded with his head "In the meeting room" He added, sounding a bit unsure but nodded with his head once more when he realized completely what I where talking about.

I gave him a small smile and a nod as he continued to study my face with a confused look.

"Need a ride home?" He asked and I started to shake my head.

"No" I said and gave him a blank face back.

"Oh really?" He asked and walked a few steps closer to me. My eyes widened a bit and I just knew it would end up with him driving me home. 

"Yes, really" I said and rolled my eyes at him.

I looked to my side to see if anyone where looking at us, just in case someone where to walk behind the school building as well. I could see from my side sight that he was now very close to me. I looked up to meet his clear blue eyes. He looked down at me and gave me a small smirk. I tried my best not to fall for it and gave him the best glare I had.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" He asked as he looked down at me, his eyes darkening and his smirk formed a smile. I rolled my eyes before answering him.

"What do you think?" I sighed out in a duh tone, knowing very well we both knew I didn't have any plans for the night. His smile got wider and I had he urge to slap it off his beautiful face. I quickly showed him away and walked past him, towards his car.

"Do you never run out of ice cream?" I asked as I sat down in the couch and watched as Ace came walking towards me with to pints of ice cream in his hands.

"I have two other freezers filled with ice cream" He answered and handed me one of the ice cream pints, along with a spoon.

"Of course you do" I mumbled out and watch as he sat down in the couch, right next to me. He looked down to his lap were his ice cream was, his dirty blond hair almost fell in to his eyes as he opened the lid off of his ice cream. He looked back up to me and got a smirk on his face when he noticed I where staring at him.

"What do you do in your gang?" I asked and his smirk quickly fell, replaced by that blank face of his. He shrugged with his shoulders as a response. I knew he dealt in his gang, but he could also be doing something more sketchy. But if he did he would probably not have told me anyways. 

"Question game" I said and started to eat my strawberry ice cream.

"I just deal" He said and shrugged his shoulders again while letting out a sigh, he then looked at me with a worried face.

"How long have you been in it?".

"Five years" He said in a short response and looked down to eat out of his ice cream.

"Dealing like in drugs, right?" I asked and he looked up from his ice cream with a confused look on his face.

"What else could we possibly deal?".

"Uhm, humans?" I asked, more like pointed out in a duh tone "Or guns".

"No, I don't do that" He responded while looking at me with a casual face.

"You're father is in it too, right" I asked and he gave me a short nod "How many are in it?".

"I don't know" He said and looked at me blankly, clearly not interested in the conversation but didn't say anything against it. "Probably like ninety" He continued and then added "I think".

"You think?" I asked.

"Well we were about a hundred a few months ago" He explained, sounding unbothered while my eyes were wide.

I nodded my head at him but gave him a confused look "What happened a few months ago?".

"Nothing big" He said and looked down at his ice cream. 

"Who's the boss?" I asked and he didn't look up from his ice cream.

"Damon's grandfather" He answered quickly and I widened my eyes at him at his response.

I noticed something where off about him, but I couldn't point out what it was. He looked a bit sad but at the same time it looked like he wanted to throw a chair at me. I continued to look at him to see him move his spoon around in the ice cream not eating it, before he put it down on the table in front of us. 

I put my head on his left shoulder, feeling him stiffen up. I looked straight ahead and looked at the black screen in front of me. I could see us through the black screen, watching as he were looking at me.  I looked away from the black screen and a bit up wards to make eye contact. His blue eyes widened a bit before they went cold. 

He immediately looked away and looked at the turned on television in front of us. 

I looked back to the black screen, staring at both of us. I saw him slowly lean down and lay his head on top of my head. I stared in to the black screen as I saw him lean more in to me as he closed his eyes slowly. 

"I don't have my keys" I told my mom when she opened the door for me. I looked at her and she moved a bit out of the way, letting me in to the house.

"You still haven't found it?" She asked and walked after me "It's been five days, Kassidy".

"I can't seem to find them" I said and shrugged with my shoulders, starting to walk up the stairs towards my room.

"Try to remember where you last left them" She said and continued to walk after me "If you don't find them I have to change the locks on the house".

"I'm trying, I've been every where and looked" I explained sighing and opened the room to my door. I then remembered a place I visited to earlier this week "I'll keep looking for them. I think I maybe know where they are, I'll go by there on Monday" I said and turned around to give her a small glance before I turned back around and walked in to my room.