Untitled Part 20

sixteen days

"You're coming to the fund raiser on Friday right?" I asked Grey and she looked at me confused. "Grey, you said you would come" I pointed out and talked in a strict tone, playfully.

"I'm just kidding" She said and let out a laugh "I'm coming, I'm coming" She added and put her hands up in the air. "It's in two days right?" She asked.

"Yes" I answered and nodded with my head "How's school?" I asked and started to wipe off a table with a wet cloth. "Sophomore year hard?" I asked and gave her a pouty lip.

"Oh shut up" Grey said laughing. "It's okay, nothing special" She added and shrugged her shoulders "It just feels like the same day over and over again, nothing special happens".

"I know exactly what you mean" I said.

"You remember that hot guy that came last week right? The one you met at the fair" Grey said and sat quickly down at one of the chairs at the table I where washing.

"What about him?" I asked, looking at her.

"He came here right before your shift started, and God may I tell you how much I wished the Buford boys looked like him" Grey said while giving me a smile.

"He's older than the boys in your grade, you just have to wait two years" I said which earned me a groan from her. "Who did he come with?" I asked, trying not to sound so interested but clearly failed.

"Why?" Grey said while smirking at me "Why do you care?".

"I don't" I said and went to the table next to the one Grey where sitting at, washing it quickly.

"I think her name was Hanna or something" Grey said, sounding a bit unsure. I tried to think of a Hanna and knew exactly who she was talking about. 

I let the cloth lay on the table as I pulled out my hair tie out of my falling bun. I started to make a low ponytail in my hands.

"No" Grey said remembering "I think he called her for Havan-" But she was cut off.

"Stop talking" Darius said which made me turn around. He was pointing towards me and Grey. I where in the middle of making my ponytail and gave him an awkward smile. He just gave me that sign you make with two fingers implying to "I'm watching you" , like taking two fingers and pointing them at your eyes and then at someone else's eyes, and then he narrowed his eyes at me before walking away.

"Why do we need to make the posters? Why not Jasmin? She's the head cheerleader" I pointed out while writing on the words Fund raiser on a long, white paper poster.

"I don't know" Medina said while pouring three bags of jello in to a big bowl of warm water, and then stirring it. "She and Jenna is probably too busy ordering people around with their high pitched British accent". Medina said in a British accent. 

"I heard Jasmin's Australian" I said, looking down at the paper poster while making the letters big and thick.

"Nah believe me, she is not" Medina said while stirring the the jello. I started to color the inside of the words when the bell rang. I looked over to Medina to see her turn around to give me a confused look.

"I can go open it" I said considering Medina where stirring the jello. I let go of my pink marker and walked towards the door. I where about to grab the door knob when a voice stopped me.

"I have it" I turned around to see Medina's father walking up the stairs.

"Oh sorry Mr. Masri" I said and moved out of the way so that he could open the door. I walked back to the kitchen, not bothering to see who it was.