thirty six. you kissed me.

EDITED DECEMBER 19, 2021

Eight opened her eyes, looking at her surroundings. The girl definitely felt it now that Akahnitamud was gone for good. It was like a really heavy weight she didn't even know was on her shoulders got lifted up.

The girl looked at her left, seeing the dead agent and the nurse. The girl let out a scoff, not feeling sorry at all at their deaths. Eight knew the FBI was fucked up, but torturing people for information was a different kind of low.

Eight tried to use her powers to see if she still had them, and luckily, they were still there. The girl made the chair break in half and made the basin that was on her feet fall out the window.

Her eyes widened when she saw a pile of bodies clustered together. Eight started to run towards them in concern, hoping to god that they we're okay — alive, at least. If they really died, she couldn't live with the burden of it.

"Are you guys okay?" she questioned, feeling relieved when she saw them start to wake up. She immediately went to hug Klaus, the vision of Akahnitamud sitting on his body still fresh on her mind. All she felt right now was absolute happiness to be hugging him.

He was alive.

"K-karina. I can't breathe." Klaus chocked out, and Eight had immediately let him go. The words of Akahnitamud was suddenly plastered on her mind once again.

"Your body is desperate for power, Eight. When I'm gone, it will try to cling to anything you touch and take their strength away. It will absorb it, rather."

She tried to brush it off. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Akahnitamud wasn't one to be trusted.

"You're alive." Diego gasped out, really happy to see his sister not dead.

"Did we save the world, or what?" Klaus questioned, slowly standing up from his position.

June, who was now also wide awake, looked out the window. "I think you guys did. The building is still here."

"Kennedy is a few minutes away."

Eight never expected to feel annoyance after being so relived one of the people she thought died was still alive. However, she wasn't able to stop Diego from going anywhere as she fell on the floor from exhaustion, choosing to just close her eyes and let everything happen around her. The faint voice of Allison and Diego arguing which then turned into footsteps running made it's way through her ears.

Eight looked in front of her to see Vanya and Allison looking through the window that she hasn't destroyed for some reason before she looked to her left to see Daniel and June fixing each other up since they both had a lot of wounds.

"Hey... uh.." Eight leaned against the wall, standing up with what's left of her energy. "Sorry for y'know.... choking you." the girl didn't really know how to apologize to June, who just brushed it off as she wiped the blood off her nose. "It's okay. Wasn't you. Not your fault."

"Thanks." Eight breathed out, closing her eyes once again from the exhaustion she had felt. Not to mention that she was also in a really bad place mentally and emotionally right now.

After what had felt like a few minutes, a wooshing sound had suddenly came from beside her. Eight opened her eyes to see Five's who looked like he was about to burst in tears any moment now.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry I wasn't there. It was just that I was dealing with this thing and our past selves and I needed to kick the two of us into a portal so we wont die and— I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." Five rushed out, and Eight just shook her head. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself."

Five blinked twice, trying to hold back his tears. He didn't need to cry infront of everyone. Diego had already saw him once and it was too embarrassing for him.

He held Eight's hand in the intent to spacial jump them back into Elliot's place, but he felt a electric shock. Five just brushed it off as he teleported the two of them into the building that was owned by the dead man.

He softly laid her down in the sofa, walking to the kitchen to get her a glass of water. Diego had told him everything that happened; and he figured that if must have been exhausting for Eight.

Allison. Her voice box cut violently. Dead.

Eight blinked, trying to get the image out of her head.

Eight, however, sat on the chair as she tried to process what had just happened to her. First, the acid trip, then Akahnitamud saying weird shit, then Ben dying, then Akahnitamud dying. Everything just felt really weird to her.

Klaus. His head oozing with blood. Dead.

Five came into view, handing her the glass of water. The girl croaked out a thanks as she gulped the whole thing down in seconds. Eight looked up to see Five with a concerned look on his face, which pushed her to the edge.

Luther. Hanging on the chandelier. Dead. Diego, knives stabbed all over him. Dead. Vanya. Violin bow stabbed into her. Dead.

"Hey." Five removed the glass from her hand, sitting down on the sofa so he could be beside her. "What's wrong? You can talk to me. I'm right here. I'll listen."

Five. Needles stabbed into his body. Dead.

This sight - the sight that stood in front of her: Five's concerned eyes, his presence beside her, that comforting feeling that would only engulf her when he was near her; almost destroyed.

Eight tried to not let those tears slip out of her eyes. She had cried so much that she thought of herself as a baby, but she couldn't control them.

The girl had suddenly realized how much of a bitch she'd been to Five and how he was always there to understand her. She really didn't deserve someone like him. The visions of his dead body in her hands weren't helping her at all.

"I thought I killed you, Five." she croaked out, voice breaking. Five put his arms and held them on her cheeks.

"Hey. It's alright. I'm here, okay? I'm here and I'm alive and I'm healthy. Nothing's gonna hurt us here."

Eight felt a little more reassured at his words. Five engulfed her into a hug, which made Eight feel way better than she was before.

Five couldn't help but feel the burning pain that he felt when he held Eight, but chose to hold her for a few more seconds if that meant that she'd feel better.

This lasted for a full minute until Eight had decided to let go of Five herself to wipe the tears off her eyes.

"You're so hot."

"I know." Eight joked, trying to ease herself. Five started to cough uncontrollably, desperately trying to shake his head before he could create any misunderstandings.

"No. I mean, technically yes, but I meant your temperature. I think you're getting sick." he said with genuine concern. Eight brought her own hand to her forehead to check her temperature, and she was hot.

"Probably just a side effect." Eight mumbled, looking beside her to see Elliot's chair. The girl felt a pang of guilt in her chest as she remembered the ill-fated man.

"Five, what happens after this?"

Five sighed, looking down at his shoes. In all honesty, he had no idea. It was just like the first time, when they thought they had already stopped the apocalypse. He felt lost.

"Commission is probably gonna hunt us down."  he had almost forgot about them. "I don't know how we're gonna survive them. It's gonna be really tou—"

Eight admitted that she could've planned the whole thing a bit more...thoroughly. Because stopping Five mid sentence to give him a kiss - unannounced - wasn't really it.

But - and that's what gave her hope - Five kissed back. Even if he backed away pretty quickly, confusion written all over his face.

"You kissed me." Five breathed out, stunned. "Please do it again."