twenty six. go-gle?

EDITED DECEMBER 12, 2021

Drunk.

Completely, utterly, drunk.

That was what Eight was at the moment - intoxicated, inebriated, whatever you'd call it. The girl was stumbling hazily, swaying from left to right as she eventually stumbled in Elliot's place. At this point, her drunkenness was already toned down unlike the state she was in a few hours ago, but she was still not in the right position to walk.

Again, one wrong move and she'd probably fall down ten flights of stairs,

June and Daniel wanted to stay with her since they were quite worried that she'd get hurt, but she kicked the two of them and told them to go on a date instead, saying that she could handle herself. The apocalypse was coming, and there was a very big chance that both of them would be dead in the next few days, so the least they could do was spend some time together.

Eventually, through fish-eyed lenses, the girl managed to spot Luther and Diego on a table talking to each other. Eight then made herself levitate, not bothering to take the stairs.

"Hey." she smiled at the two, making them jump in surprise. Diego dug into his pocket, ready to throw his knife at whoever the person was, but he instantly recognized the voice as Eight and let down his walls.

"Holy shit, you're so red." Diego comments dryly, whilst Luther says nothing but looks at her in concern.

"I'm drunk." Eight bluntly said, landing down on the chair beside them. Her eyes scrunched as she tried to read the letter but the words were too jumbled. "S-sir R-r-regi—"

"Reginald invited us to a dinner tomorrow. I'm not sure though, this thing looks sketchy as hell." Diego mumbled, snatching the letter away from her. He let out a groan when he smelled the alcohol that was reeking from the girl. "You got to stop day drinking."

"I only did it twice!" Eight exclaimed, standing up. "Does anyone wanna get something? Tacos? Fries? Hotdogs? I'm starving." The girl exclaimed, even though she had just ate tacos with her family a few hours earlier.

"I actually know this really cheep hotdog place—"

"Not now, Luther. We need to find out if this is real or not. For all we know, it's someone else setting us into a trap."

"Loosen up and let the big monkey eat!" Eight slapped Diego's back, which made the man grunt. He rolled his eyes at the girl who had a drunken smile on her face. Luther was behind her, a tiny smile on his. "I like her drunk. She's nice."

"I'm not siding with you, monkey. I'm just hungryyy. Let's eat! Cmon, Diego. Lets eat." Eight sat beside him, trying her best to give the man pleading eyes. "Pleaseeee?"

"Sure, just—" Diego scuffled around, walking towards the kitchen to get his sister a glass of water. "Drink some of this. You can't go around walking the streets like that."

Eight let out a pout at this, but nonetheless obliged. After a few seconds of drinking the water, she felt a cold liquid hit her face.

Diego was standing infront of her with a cocky grin on his face. Eight stood up, extremely annoyed at him. "Hey! What the hell was that for?"

"I remember seeing something like that on google. Helps a drunk person."

Eight cocked her head to the side, still dripping wet. "Go-gle?"

"Google. It's kind of a library, but instead of looking for the books you type it in." Diego exclaimed, going to the bathroom and throwing the girl a towel. "Go dry yourself up, we leave in five minutes."