Chapter 4: The Rise of the Big 4 (Part 1)

303 years later

Jack's POV

It has been 3 years since we defeated Pitch. I was bored out of my wits. Jamie and his friends had school, so I can't play with them. And I can't make it snow-day as it was in the middle of summer. All I can do is to sit on the chair in North's workshop and think.

I was fiddling with the necklace around my neck. It was a key with an 'E' at the end. The other end, where you hold the key is a heart. I guess it was an important necklace, like... a promise.

When I had received my memories, they did not show anything about my love life. "Who was she?" I asked the moon, Mani. As usual, he did not reply.

Just then, Mani started to shine very brightly. "North! Come quick!" I shouted. North came and gasped. He immediately pushed the bid button and summoned the other Guardians.

Soon, Tooth, Sandy and Kangaroo came. Each was blabbering out about how unreasonable North was without knowing the real reason. Except for Sandy, of course.

"North, I have got eggs to paint!"

"I have got teeth to collect!"

"Listen, Mani was here!" North bellowed.

Everyone quietened down. Suddenly, we heard bells ringing and turned around. There was a very angry Sandy pointing to the moon. We looked up and saw that Mani was here.

"Ah... Man in Moon! Sandy, why didn't you say something?" Sandy looked like he was going to explode.

Then a column from the floor, appeared.

"He's choosing a new Guardian!" North gasped.

"What? Why? He already gave us Jack," Bunny the kangaroo said.

"Hey! You can't blame me because I am awesome, kangaroo." He shot daggers at me, while I smirked.

"I wonder who it is going to be, maybe it is the leprechaun this time?" Tooth said.

The column showed a figure of a girl with crazy hair. "Who's that?" North asked. I was surprised. North knows everyone. The girl also held a drawn bow. The column next shows a scrawny boy, standing next to what looks like a dragon?!

"Two new Guardians? Three if you count the dragon," Tooth cried in disbelief.

The column then showed a girl with long blond hair. And by long, I mean, really long. She must have 60 feet of hair. "Three?" Tooth cried.

"Who are they?" North asked. "Why were they chosen?"

Suddenly, Mani formed a figure on the floor.

"PITCH!!!" All the Guardians shouted.

"Mates, I'll be right back." Bunny said and then he disappeared down a tunnel.

"Where is he going?" I asked, confused. The other shrugged their shoulders, just as confused as I am.

Bunny's POV

When Pitch's figure showed up, I thought of Elsa, Pitch's younger sister. Everyone else knows about it except for Jack. But the others don't know about Pitch and Elsa's deal.

Elsa and Pitch made a deal that every year they would have a dual. If Elsa wins, Pitch will not harm us or try to take over the world. So far, for the first 300 years, Elsa won. But three years ago, she lost and was unconscious for 3 weeks. That was the reason Jack was chosen to be a Guardian. If Pitch is back, that means only one thing, Elsa lost again.