Chapter 41: More Help [TZS]

Merida's POV

We were training Anna, Kristoff and Flynn, and they were doing pretty well. Kristoff was really strong, and he loved using the pickaxe. Anna told me that he was an ice harvester, before becoming King, and even then, he still went to harvest some ice. And he was strong, like actually really strong, for a man with unmanly blondness.

Flynn, or Eugene, was very agile, and actually really good at stealing things. He actually took my bow without me knowing it! How did he do that? Well, I still did beat him up for that. No one takes my bow! But he was doing pretty well with a frying pan too, given to him by Punzie. I can tell both of them love each other very much.

Anna? Well, she can do most of everything, but damn, her punches are awesome! And painful. She is also very handy with a sword and dagger, although she can hardly lift up a shield. Well, Kristoff would be her shield, right? They both loved each other so much.

At the thought of another couple, I huffed. Why are couples everywhere? Everybody has somebody but me! Ugh... I don't need a man. Especially not one as wimpy as Hiccup. Right?

Why do I even care anyway? Not everybody needs love. Love is just a way for your enemies to hurt you easily and painfully. But why is it that every time I see a couple, I feel sad and lonely? Why is it every time I looked at him, and feel fluttery and sad at the same time? I feel sick.

Anna, Flynn and Kristoff were fighting some of the yetis, and I saw Hiccup fiddling with something. Curious, I walked over. "Hicc, what're you doing?"

"Oh, hey Mer. I'm just doing some alterations to the shield Jack and Elsa gave me for Christmas, remember?" he asked, not looking up. His shield was very shiny and there was a figure of a Night Fury, Toothless on it. At the thought of Christmas, I could feel heat rising up my cheeks. Jelsa had the idea of giving us matching gifts, while we actually had the same idea.

"What kind of alterations?" I asked.

"Just some that can help in battle."

"Really? Show me!"

Hiccup smirked as he raised the shield. "Okay." I was about to smack the smirk off his face when he pressed something, and out of the shield, a net shot out, and trapped me.

"Hey!"

"Got you. And that is one of the alterations," he said, smirking.

"Hiccup, you had better get me out of this in less than five seconds, or else I'm going to kill you!" I threatened, and in actually two seconds, I was free. "Now, what are the other alterations?"

Hiccup smiled, and with another click, the shield split in half, literally split in half. And he put a bolt in and shot it at a target in a distance. Just like a cross bow! He smiled proudly to himself while I stared. The bolt was dead centre in the target.

"Neat isn't it?" Hiccup asked cockily.

"Neat? No. More like wicked awesome!!!" I exclaimed. I grabbed the shield from Hiccup, and tried it out. The shield was so light! I put a bolt in and tried a shot, and it hit dead centre, like always. "Cool, really light, and perfect for you."

"Are you saying I'm a weakling?"

"What if I am?" I smirked.

"Haha very funny," Hiccup said, laughing sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but smile. Typical Hiccup.

Before I could reply, Elsa and Jack came swooping in on Snowstorm. Yeah, she has a dragon, like Hiccup. How the heck did she do it?!

"Elsa!! Watch me!" Anna yelled when she saw Elsa. She grabbed a knife, and threw it at a target, and it hit the bullseye.