Chapter 17: The Winter Fury

Jack’s POV

  The meeting last night was so boring. North had talked about what plan Pitch may have. I tried to concentrate, but my mind kept zoning out, and I kept thinking about Elsa. Elsa had been unusually quiet, but it wasn’t the ice cold quiet, it was more like the hiding-something-from-us quiet.

  I woke up upon hearing someone enter my room. I opened my eyes and by the light of the moon, I saw Elsa at the door. It was still pretty dark outside.

  “Morning Elsa,” I said sleepily.

  “Morning. Sorry to disturb your sleep,” Elsa said sheepishly. I shook my head and sat up on my bed.

  “No, it’s alright. Immortals don’t need that much sleep anyway. What time is it anyway?” I asked. Now, I’m fully awake.

  “It’s 5 in the morning,” she answered.

  “Why aren’t you still asleep then?” I asked.

  “Could you pass this to the others later?” Don’t tell them that I gave it to you though, I don’t want to get you in trouble,” she said and passed me a note.

  I read it, it said: Be back later. Not running away, don’t worry. – Elsa.

  I looked at Elsa and asked, “Where are you going?”

  “Maybe on the errand I told you yesterday,” she said. She was fidgeting, I could tell that she was lying.

  “Okay, but be back by sunset, promise?” I asked her.

  “Promise,” she said and she turned to leave, but I grabbed her hand. She looked at me.

  “Elsa, be careful,” I said. She smiled.

  “Aren’t I always?” she asked, then she left. I looked at the door longingly, wishing that I could follow her. But I don’t think she would want that.

Elsa’s POV

  As I exited Jack’s room, I couldn’t help but smile even brighter. He asked me to be careful, like he cared about me.

  Actually, Snow and I were going to look for the Book of Legend. Since we couldn’t go into the RA, we might as well try to look for this Book of Legend.

  The only thing I’m worried about is the encountering of the Winter Fury. Hopefully, it will be like Toothless, or it might try to kill us. I’ll worry about that later.

  “Come on, Snow,” I waved Snow over to an open window. I climbed over the edge and jumped down to the snow down below. Soon, Snow came down and landed beside me.