My Master, My Mate 32

-Kaleb's POV-

I growled in dissapointment as I stumbled on an abandoned house, for the 9th time. It exactly looked like the others, made of cement, square in shape and burned.

I held on the lknob as I opened the metal door. The metallic scent of blood entered my nostrils, I growled. Exactly like the others.

I ordered some of the pack wolves search for anything in the burned area, they all walked around, going into each room they could find.

I inhaled the scent of the place. I ran my hand throught my hair as my wolf stirred. Blood, all I could smell was blood.

I looked around, it smelled like blood but nothing, not a stain of blood was seen on the floor. I clenched my jaw. And no sign of my dear mate.

I felt sad and furious, mostly sad for not finding my mate. I looked down, where is she?

My wolf growled in frustration, FIVE WEEKS HAS PASSED, YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A MATE! FIND HER!

Kyran went ballistic after the first week, he needed his mate, I needed my Sapphire.

Without her, everything feels so... lost.

"Kaleb! " Sam's voice met my ears. I looked up as my eyes met the peircing icy blue ones of my Third-in-command. Sam became third-in-command after the previous one decided to pass it down, the previous third-in-command didn't have children since he didn't have a mate so he passed it down to Sam.

"We found something," he said as my eyebrows arched up in interest.

He pointed at an area where a few wolves surrounded, I nodded as I walked towards it.

"Move." I used my Alpha command, the wolves surrounding it looked at me in fear and left the box shaped manhole cover.

I crouched down as I opened the cover, a strong scent of blood coming out. A peircing scream echoed through the manhole as I furrowed my brows.

I gestured for wolves to come as I climbed down the ladder, the others following.

I slowly landed on the ground as I looked around, ignoring the strong metallic stench of blood.

I slowly walked forward, not making a sound while the others mirrored my actions.

I glanced side by side, seeing people. Children, women and men, young and old people were inside. All of them looked at me with eyes pleading for us to let them out.

I passed two cells with no people, which gained my curiosity. The place was filled with people, what happened?

I walked forward as I made a turn to a hall, another line of people seen.

I passed a child looking at me with glassy eyes, pointing towards the end of the hall.

"Hide, those big black things are there."

I looked forward as I saw two shadows, making it's way towards us.

I held my breath, dad always told me to hold my breath when encountering a shadow since they can't sense anything not breathing.

Hold your breaths, I mindlinked my pack members. I felt them hold their breaths, but with the heart at a fast beat, scared. Shadows can sense fear, keep calm.

They obeyed. The shadows walked past us with no clue of us near them.

Then, I sensed another scent enter the manhole.

Colton.

Sh*t! That kid wasn't supposed to come! His mom would kill me!

"Uncle Kaleb!"