My Master, My Mate 38

This is the chapter 38 which is actually not completed, this was written before I had decided to rewrite the book.

And to those who do not know, I have released the REWRITTEN. Check on my prof if you want to read it :)

- G

- - - -

I eventually fell asleep of how tiring, heart breaking and twisted yesterday was. I slept in his arms, he held me tightly as we did. I even heard him whisper "I love you so much, us fighting would be the last thing I'd want,". It broke me when I heard those words, It broke me because I even went to the part of something I never thought of even doing; hurting him just because of someone I had known for months.

I held his shirt, we were still in bed and he was still sleeping. We were in a position where I felt like I was being held on for my dear life, he had his arms circled around my waist and his feet tangled with mine. I let out heavy breaths as I held his shirt tighter, Did we make up..?

I slowly removed his arm around me as I sat up, making sure that he wouldn't wake up.

"Don't,"

My breath hitched as I heard his husky voice. I looked at him, he had one eye slightly open as he quickly circled his arm around me again. "- Don't leave."

"Okay." I mumbled as I laid back down with him, he moved closer as he rested his head on my shoulder.

I stared at the white ceiling, an image flashing in my mind. I blinked as her image appeared again. She was holding a baby, smiling elegantly at the photographer as the baby looked at her with love.

You need to find her, now. Venus' calm voice rang in my head. My heart started beating rapidly, Venus was trying to say something. I didn't know why, but I had to find Lilia.

Kaleb's POV

"Kaleb, Kaleb." Her sweet voice suddenly was laced in worry, she started shaking my arm as I opened my eyes. I slowly sat up as she looked around, eyebrows together. "Whats wrong?" I asked, taking hold of her shaking hand and squeezing it gently.

"It's- there's something wrong. I need to visit someone." She pursed her lips as I slowly rubbed small circles on the back of her hand, trying to calm her down. "Who exactly are you visiting?" I asked, trying to be calm as possible. I tried not to get overprotective, and I succeeded on the outside.

"I need to find her, Venus tells me that she's in danger." She looked up at me as her lips started to tremble, this woman must be someone very important to her. And Kyran seemed to calm down when she said 'her'. I slowly kissed her forehead, "You can go visit her but-" I held the side of her arms. "- Take me with you." I had to meet who this woman was. I was cautious, but I didn't want Sapphire to know that I was. She might misunderstand again.

She smiled at me, slowly hugging my body as she mumbled, "Okay."

~ ~ ~ ~

I stepped out of the car, taking a look at the area as I took in a whiff of the air. We were neutral territory yet no rogue had dared to step in here after what had happened- from what Sapphire told me. I was in front of a castle, well now it was simply ruins.

Sapphire took in a deep breath as she slowly held my hand, interlacing our fingers. She took a step forward as I followed her. We were alone since Sapphire wished for no one to be with us, but I simply did not obey her. I ordered the pack's eye to follow us, he was good at hiding and also had the best eyes and ears in the pack- so I ordered him to follow us.

Sapphire's breath hitched the moment we stopped right in front of the large doors. I noticed a scent, it smelled like orange. It was inside the castle and maybe the owner of the scent was the person Sapphire was looking for.

I slowly opened the large door and it caused a creek, making it echo throughout the castle. We took a step in, the scent of the woman was all over the place but it had a hint of something else. This place was surprising, the look outside had made me think that this place was inhabitable. But in the inside, it look very beautiful.

Sapphire immediately walked in a fast pace, searching for the woman and I following her. I took in a deep breath since I wanted to know where this woman was. "Sapphire," I called, gently holding her wrist as she looked at me. I had noticed that her eyes were wide and glassy, the feeling of sadness in her making my chest ache through the mate bond.

"There's something wrong, Kaleb. There's something wrong with nana." Her lips trembled as she let out those words. I gently pushed her to my body and kissed her hair as she cried n my chest. "It's okay, we'll find her." I cooed and took in a deep breath. Where was this woman?

We had searched the entire castle, yet we didn't find the woman. Sapphire had a worried expression when we roamed the entire castle. She kept on telling me that the woman was in danger or maybe something was wrong with her.

Did you see a woman around the area, Devin? I mindlinked the pack's eye. I wanted this search to be quick since the sight of Sapphire's worried face had me down. I sensed a woman west outside the castle, Alpha. Came his immediate reply, I held Sapphire's wrist which made her look at me in confusion.

"K- Kaleb, what's wrong?" She asked, tugging my arm and I looked at her. "I think we found her." I immediately replied, opening the large doors and running outside to find the woman Sapphire cared for.

Sapphire's POV

"I think we found her."

My eyes widened as soon as those words escaped his lips. I gripped his arm tighter as we continued to run out the castle.

Venus had been telling me that something was wrong with her, making me very worried. She showed me small hints of a nana gasping for air, yet in those small images, I couldn't figure out where she was but Kaleb did.

Kaleb had a tight grip on my arm as we ran towards the woods. Was he sure that she was here? But her scent was lingering everywhere, I couldn't point out where nana was.

I had noticed that the sky was dimming as we went deep into the woods. I let out a shaky breath, another scent had invaded my nose. It was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time, how confusing. Her scent then grew stronger as we went deeper.

A person then was seen lying on the ground, she was shaking from how cold the area was. I immediately let go of Kaleb as I ran towards the person on the ground. "Nana?" I called, touching her arm and noticing that she was deadly cold. Her scent had a mix with another and it worried me. Maybe she was attacked and dragged out of the castle.

Kaleb immediately took off his jacket and covered nana's body with it. Kaleb slowly picked her up and carried her in his arms, but nana was still shivering. A shiver then ran down my spine, like someone was looking at me. I looked around, cautious.

"What's wrong, love?" Kaleb asked in worry, I looked at him and shook my head. I then walked near nana, placing my hand on her forehead as I started to try and transfer a bit of my body heat to hers. Her face was still pale, but her temperature had gone up a bit.

Another shiver then ran down my spine, now it was scaring me.