Chapter 10

Madi POV

Day 159

"Madi! Hide flamekeepers!" Her mom whispered, running up to her. "I love you." Her mom rushed her into the hatch under the floor.

Her mom shut the hatch and heard stuff moving around. She heard the door open and someone step in. Her mom was talking and footsteps were heard. Her breathing was heavy and she was shaking with fear.

She heard the footsteps getting closer and closer. She carefully moved away from the hatch. More stuff moved around and the hatch opened. A beam of light shined through. She held her breath. A man peeked down and pulled her out. She screamed and fought with the man.

She woke up to someone shaking her. "Hey, you're okay." Aden said, as she sat up. Aden sat down next to her on the bed. She wrapped her arms around Aden and Aden did the same. Aden laid down and brought her down with him. Aden kissed her head and ran his fingers through her hair.

"Same dream?" Aden asked, softly. She nodded into his chest. "The flamekeeper in Polis would also get on Lexa's nerves. I couldn't tell you the amount of times Lexa almost kicked him off the tower." Aden started.

"The nightbloods and I would always mess with him and annoy him. Don't tell Lexa I said this but Lexa is in love with candles, the tower was filled with them. One day the nightbloods and I lit some candles and put them on the floor. We pretended to sleep and when the flamekeeper opened the door, his robe caught on fire. He started screaming and his scream sounded like a bird."

She giggled. Aden smiled and kept playing with her hair. "Another time we set up a bucket of water so when he opened the door it would splash on him. He gave us training with Indra for a month but Lexa got us out of it. It was so worth it, he looked like a drowned rat."

Aden told her stories about the pranks they pulled on the flamekeeper. She eventually fell asleep again and so did Aden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to add a cute Aden and Madi moment. The next chapter should be up in an hour or so.

-N