Seal Our Fate (II)

46
Seal Our Fate (II)
Warning: Long Author's Note

-Earth-52

"In truth, it's simple. Alister comes with us, and we'll consider letting your souls be remade in the New Dawn."

Alister took a step forward. He felt Dick lace their hands together. He knew that was his subtle way of saying no.

"I thought we already had this discussion." Alister called back up to them.

"That was before. Now? Now I'm giving you your final chance."

Alister's wings flapped once. He turned to his fiancé and nearly fell apart from the look in his eyes. "I'm not leaving," He vowed knowing full well what that look meant.

"But I have to do something." He added.

"We'll do it together," Insisted Dick. "We're a team. All of us."

Supernova's annoyed huff sent a wave of energy downwards. It merged a Parademon and a dead shadow monster together. Forming a different type of nightmare.

Aquaman elbowed a Parademon back. He jabbed the next. He kicked the final one through a crowd. That cleared a path to Mera.

His eyes widened. He reached for his wife. All the while knowing he was too far away. Helpless to stop the Parademon horde from tackling her into the sky.

"Mera!" He cried. He reached for the heavens after her.

He stomped on his Trident. The weapon stood and he snatched it in his grasp. He roared and aimed the trident at Supernova. "Die!"

A Warhound lurched at him. The monster bathed Aquaman in a stream of fire. Then, it clamped him within its jaws. It swallowed him in one bite. The monster burped fire then roared at its next victim, Brainiac.

Rachel glanced over her shoulder. She kept one arm around Tulip and lifted the other. She opened her palm. Dark magic rushed out of her hand.

The magic crashed into the Warhound. Black tendrils clamped the beast's mouth shut. Purple bolts reinforced the black magic.

Rachel's eyes and gem ignited like fire. She'd unwittingly channeled Tulip's emotions in her magic. They flowed through Rachel as if she were a conduit.

Rachel clenched her fist. The Warhound whined as it's metal crumpled under her grip. She flicked her hand outward and tossed the monster over the edge. Into the water below.

Garfield stood at the edge. He looked into the water. Searched like his life depended on it. He knew how easy it was to get lost under there. He could only pray Calvin hadn't given up.

"Please come back." He thought.

A single bubble rose to the surface. A second later, three more, ten after that. Soon, the water sizzled.

Gar blinked the tears from his eyes. He narrowed them at the water. Slowly, they widened to disbelief.

A light—a green light—grew underneath the sea. It grew brighter and closer by the second. Sizzled the waters until steam rose.